Communication between MSP430F6659 & AT24C1024

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello All,

I am communicate AT24C1024 EEPROM with MSP430F6659 Microcontroller.

If i try to write 1 in LSB of my data then it may be microcontroller hang or it will rotate in one loop and when i write 0 then it can work proper.

So what is problem occur?

When i communicate with MSP430F149 with same EEPROM and same Program at that time it can work proper.

MSP430F149MSP430F6659Edit tags

You're asking in the wrong place. Whilst the eeprom might be Atmel, the microcontroller isn't. I'd suggest you ask on the TI forums. You might want to give them some more information.

I know Microcontroller is manufacturing by TI but EEPROM is by ATMEL that's why i require support from Atmel also.

With the limited information you've provided, i doubt anyone can help you. Does the sign on the from say Atmel memories? Well, it doesn't - this is the support site for Atmel microcontrollers.

where i can post for EEPROM?

Not here!

Since you've given next to no information, I'll guess as to where your problem is - I'd suggest it is faulty code you've written to interface to the Atmel part. My suggestion is you load up Energia and use its known good i2c functions. You should be able to find an example for Arduino/Energia for talking to the eeprom. This will validate your hardware interface (btw, you do have the required resistors for pullups on the i2c bus?). Once your hardware is validated, then you can look to see how your code differs from the example.