Can a ST7775 have a changed frame rate?

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm wondering if, if my projects will cause too much lag, I can change the frame rate of the ST7775 screen to just 10FPS. I'd like it to refresh its liquid crystal pixels every 10 frames per second instead of 60 or 50.

Other than that, I would like to keep the frame rate at constant 60 FPS in general because sometimes it's 59.9 or 62 which would be stupid to change the game's step frequency while playing in multiplayer. Can I somehow control when the VBlank ends?

IIRC the ST7775 has a frame buffer, so it will keep displaying the current frame until you send it something new.

So, you can leave the displays re-fresh at 60fps, and set the frame rate in your game to whatever you want.

Just don't spend time storing new frame data until you are ready.

SpiderKenny
@spiderelectron
www.spider-e.com

No no, I was thinking that I'd basically extend the VBlank time because I have a super optimized algorithm idea for rendering 3D graphics via XMEM. I'm trying to make something like a miniature Minecraft there. By changing the frame rate, I meant the refresh rate in order to not have tearing while the picture is being sent.

Also, might you know a display which has a RAM with which my Arduino Mega can communicate directly without having to switch to command mode, send window settings, switch to data and then send bytes? I first thought of making a scanline buffer for every cube that's visible on screen that's then blitted only on the sides that are visible to optimize the time. I thought htat it might be slow with these command pins. So I thought if it'd be good to just use RAM where the XL and XH registers can be manipulated according to where the pixels should go.