I am using atmega328pb MCU.
In our product we were facing some issue because of External crystal oscillator.
So, we tried the system on internal RC oscillator on 8 MHz. And now the system is working fine.
But my concern is that will it be a good choice for long run?
I have used these resources of MCU.
1. Timer0 at 244 Hz (running continuously, by interrupt)
2. Timer1 at 1 Hz (only when required, by interrupt)
3. Timer2 at 50 Hz (only when required, by interrupt)
4. Timer3 as a delay of 2 sec (only when required, polling)
5. Timer4 1 sec delay (only when required, by interrupt)
6. UART1 at baud rate 9600
7. All the GPIO are used except 2
8. We are using a serial controled RGB LED (WS2812B) which requires high low signal in a gap of ~400 ns and ~ 800 ns.
which I have provided by _delay_loop_1 function.
9. Application Hex file size 28 KB and bootloader HEX file size is 5 KB.
And the device will run 24*7
So, can I rely on internal oscillator?
Please help us in making the decision.
Thanks in advance.