Build 127 bug when reloading a project via JTAG

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

When I recompile my IAR project and return to the Studio window, I get the "Objectfile has changed, reload?" prompt as expected. If I say yes to this, the Studio source code windows update to show the new project, but the file is not downloaded to the target (Mega128) - I get a momentary blip on the JTAG ICE activity LED, then nothing... If I then try to manually reload the project, I get the "Could not connect to JTAG ICE" error message, and the only way to get the ICE talking again is to cycle its power. On the other hand, if I say no to the initial reload prompt and then manually reload the project, it works just fine.

Regards
Chris

Follow-up...

When I referred to manually reloading the project, I meant that I was going to the Recent Projects option in the File menu and reloading the entire project. I've just noticed that using the reload button on the toolbar (which, BTW, displays "Reload obje4ctfile" in the status bar) causes the JTAG ICE to lose comms in the same way as if I'd said yes to the reload prompt.

Regards
Chris

I tried build 127 of Studio 4 with Mega128 and Mega323 and had exactly the same problem as described above. Practically you have to reload from the beginning the whole project in order to not have to switch off and on again the JTAG ICE which seems to block.

admin's test signature

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem since I updated to astudio4 to build 127. It worked fine with an earlier version of astudio4. Please help, since this bug is quite annoying.

Best Regards,
Carl