Bug opening AVR 4.12 .aps file in 4.13 from Windoze Exploder

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

This is a little arcane, easy to duplicate, and easy to workaround.

I have several old project files (*.aps) created with AVRStudio 4.12 SP4. Uninstall 4.12 and install 4.13 beta. Use Windoze Exploder to double-click (open) the .aps file -- AVRStudio wakes up, gives me the starting desktop, then crashes.

Workaround: Start AVRStudio 4.13 directly and then open the project file; it opens correctly. Save the project file and exit AVRStudio. I can now double-click on the .aps file from Exploder and everything works fine.

Stu

Engineering seems to boil down to: Cheap. Fast. Good. Choose two. Sometimes choose only one.

Newbie? Be sure to read the thread Newbie? Start here!

Oooooooo!

-Ole

OKB wrote:
Oooooooo!

-Ole

Oooooooo?

-Stu

Engineering seems to boil down to: Cheap. Fast. Good. Choose two. Sometimes choose only one.

I think he means that he saw the same thing. I would also like to think that it also means he filed a bug report.... which, after double checking, yes he did. :)

Darn, my bad. Should I file these directly? If so, where?

Stu

Edit: changed sense of what bugs to file.

All bugs are annoying, aren't they?
Annoying the users is not a good way to make sure the product is used... If users are reluctant to use the tools, they'll be reluctant to use the micros. Now that would be seriously bad for business...

Report all bugs, leave it for the maintainers to prioritize.

BTW.Bugs can be reported to:
avrbeta@atmel.com

The maintainers of AVRStudio (And obviously WinAVR for that matter ;) ) browse the forum from time to time. Posting on the forum will also do the trick

BR
-Ole

I would like to add that, while posting on the forum helps, it is dependent upon careful browsing by the right people. It is always better to send emails to the atmel.com addresses, or in the case of the open source tools, to go the actual project (on SourceForge or Savannah websites) and submit a Bug Tracker.