BitCloud: Channel Mask and Info

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi,
I am using BitCloud 1.05 on 2.4 GHz ZigBit modules, star network with one coordinator, and wrote my own protocol on top of it.

I have a few questions which I am not clear about yet and was wondering whether someone can help me:

1) I want the network to choose the channel on startup from all channels, so I set channel mask to 0x7FFF800. Is that correct? (to look for the best channel in 11-27)

2) Do I need to set the same channel mask in the endnotes too or only in the coordinator?

3) After the network chooses a channel, I want to know which one it picked. Is there an API function I can use to on the COORDINATOR which tells me which channel got chosen?

Many thanks,
Tappo

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:29 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

tappo wrote:
I am using BitCloud 1.05
Latest version is 1.12.

tappo wrote:
1) I want the network to choose the channel on startup from all channels, so I set channel mask to 0x7FFF800. Is that correct? (to look for the best channel in 11-27)
Correct, except for maximum channel - it is 26, but channel mask is correct.

tappo wrote:
2) Do I need to set the same channel mask in the endnotes too or only in the coordinator?
Of course.

tappo wrote:
3) After the network chooses a channel, I want to know which one it picked. Is there an API function I can use to on the COORDINATOR which tells me which channel got chosen?

activeChannel field of ZDO_StartNetworkConf.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Many thanks for the reply, this works great.

One more question: Is there a way to get the energy level for each scanned channel WITHOUT having to run a new scan? What I mean is that when the network gets created,the coordinator already scans all channels to choose one. Is the energy level information from that scan accessible to me?

Thanks again,
Tappo

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

tappo wrote:
Is the energy level information from that scan accessible to me?
Nope, memory for the ED values is freed once channel is selected.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

HI AlexRu, many thanks for the answer, I am able to change the channels now, but still have interference issues. If you get a chance, please have a look at my other post describing the problem:
https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

Many thanks,
Tappo