AVRstudio4 won't talk to STK500 via hub [fixed?]

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I've been using AVRstudio (4.17) for a long time with a USB-serial cable. I now want to use the same setup but through a hub and the IDE will not connect to the STK500.

W/o hub the cable is on COM2, with hub it was initially on COM34.

No amount of telling AVRS what port to look at or changing the port for the cable in device manager to COM2 will work.

Anyone got an idea what the problem is?

EDIT: After dicking around with this for hours I decide to post here for help. NOW it works :?
______
Rob

Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
Rob Gray, old fart, nature photographer, embedded hardware/software designer, and serial motorhome builder, www.robgray.com

And why are you using such old version of Studio?

...and are you using a car or a boat "Somewhere in outback Australia"? :)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Quote:
And why are you using such old version of Studio?

Mostly because it works, and every time I upgrade something it breaks what I used to do, to wit the above problem that fixed itself while I had lunch and changed nothing. Not exactly a confidence booster.

I gather 4.18 is the latest, is there any good reason to upgrade?

Quote:
...and are you using a car or a boat "Somewhere in outback Australia"?

Actually we are near Perth at present, it's 40C and not a cloud in the sky. However we own land near Bundaberg, it's in the hills so won't be flooded but will be pretty damn wet I would think.

______
Rob

Rob Gray, old fart, nature photographer, embedded hardware/software designer, and serial motorhome builder, www.robgray.com

Quote:
I gather 4.18 is the latest, is there any good reason to upgrade?
With SP1, SP2 and SP3. One reason for upgrade is removal of old bugs and introduction of fresh ones... :?

..and if you need to fully use the Dragon or newest chips...otherwise don't woryy.

Quote:
not a cloud in the sky
I thought there would be lots of SMOKE clouds around with all the reported bushfires there. Now if you can get some of the QLD water to WA you can make a fortune!

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Yeah ain't it typical, floods on one side of the country and droughts/fires on the other.

I think I'll wait for the mythical AVS 5 and even then for SP1.

______
Rob

Quote:

I think I'll wait for the mythical AVS 5

Make yourself comfortable.. (Last rumor was another six months at least.)

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]