AVRStudio 4.18 Member not Found error

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

This problem occurs with just plain AVRStudio 4.18 and in 4.18 with both part packs and SP1 plus SP2 installed. If I open any project and close the project or exit AVRStudio I get these two errors:

Win2k Application Log, source DrWatson wrote:
The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 03/29/2010 @ 15:51:56.390 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 78644D5B ()

This happens on a Win XP Home laptop and two Win 2000 Pro SP4 desktops. I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled, etc. with no change. This happens with old or new projects in C or Assembler 2. There is no problem closing AVRStudio 4.18 if I never open any project.

Did I just get a corrupt AVRStudio download or has anyone else seen this problem?

I've never seen it, but perhaps someone else has. I use XP Pro SP3, so that may be a difference.

Were I to make a wild-eyed guess, I would say that the Micro$oft XML library is bogus somehow. What I cannot figure out is how it would be bogus across two different flavors of Windoze.

HMMmmm...

Stu

Engineering seems to boil down to: Cheap. Fast. Good. Choose two. Sometimes choose only one.

Newbie? Be sure to read the thread Newbie? Start here!

Update, I couldn't reproduce any error on the XP machine. Well I was really busy and probably screwed up on which computer and OS I was checking. My AVRStudio download is good. I updated the XML with no change. Both WIn 2K Pro SP4 machines have the exact same "member not found" problem.

I tried using 4.18 SP2 with the "member not found" error. It worked on a JTAGICE mkii for about 30 minutes (it did update my JTAG firmware), then I did another run to cursor debug and it suddenly refused to work at all with the JTAG. Rebooting, uninstalling/re-installing AVRStudio had no effect. I uninstalled 4.18 and downgraded to an older AVRStudio then loaded the older JTAGICE mkii firmware back in the unit to get it all working again.

Something like this happened to Win 2K before when the newer AVRStudio library refused to install. Getting a newer version Windows installer program from MS solved that problem :evil:. I have not found the magic Win 2K update that makes AVRStudio 4.18 work. Anyone have any idea on what Win 2K MS update to try?

I know this is an old thread but maybe somebody is coming across this searching the internet.

I had the same problem and I found a solution on a German web site suggesting to install Internet Explorer 6 Service pack 1. I installed IE6; Service pack 1 failed to install but the problem disappeared anyway.