AVRStudio 4.13 text editor any way for line numbers?

Go To Last Post
14 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm just getting started with Studio and was wondering if there is a way to make the text editor display line numbers for each line. Certainly would help in the debugging when the compiler comes back with an error on line XXX.

Will upgrading to a newer version of Studio fix this, or is there a way to integrate a different text editor in Studio that offers this feature?

I have a feeling this is an old question, but I couldn't find the answer with the keywords that I chose.

You can just click on the error and the cursor will just jump to the appropriate line...well most of the times at least.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Cool, I'll give it a try.

js wrote:
You can just click on the error and the cursor will just jump to the appropriate line...well most of the times at least.

Any way to stop the annoying "BEEP" when I do that?

Turn the speakers off or the volume down?? I have a nice on/off switch with my speakers, 95% of the time in the off position. I know, I know a very advanced concept but that's just me. :lol:

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

That doesn't work for me. The beep comes from the system speakers, and turning off all sounds in Control Panel (my default) doesn't help. Hmmm might need less advanced solution.

Quote:

Hmmm might need less advanced solution.

Disconnect motherboard to front panel speaker wire perhaps?

leighMilne wrote:
Any way to stop the annoying "BEEP" when I do that?
It's odd -- I don't have that problem. Never have. Which OS are you using? Not that it matters, I suppose.

Stu

Engineering seems to boil down to: Cheap. Fast. Good. Choose two. Sometimes choose only one.

Newbie? Be sure to read the thread Newbie? Start here!

One occasion where the "system beep" occurs is when there is no sound card in the system, or where here is no driver for the sound card or...

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

..unplug the beeper.. :? Hit beeper with hammer?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

It beeps? Have to turn up my speakers next time to see if it is annoying or not :D

No no, TVI. We're exactly not talking about the sound out of the sound card. We're talking about the "toot!" from the little cheap speaker that is in most any stationary computer. And when Windows eg fells it wants to throw an altert towards the user (eg the "dah-donk") but cant find a sound card (or the driver for it or...) it falls back to what PCs did on the 8088/MS-DOS3.30 days, eg honk a "toot!" in that cheap speaker. And you cant adjust the volume, and it's certainly loud..

At least that is what I read out of this thread.

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Yes, that's the prob Johan. Thanks for the suggestions (my favourite is the hammer), but the problem is it is a laptop (Vista home premium). I have mauled pc's for years, but I don't like going inside laptops/notebooks or whatever we call them these days.

There's got to be a bit of code in Studio that calls the dos beep. I don't know why it was thought necessary to tell the user he has clicked on an error msg.