"Avrstudio (4.13 Beta) has caused an error in OLEAUT32.

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I get the error "Avrstudio has caused an error in OLEAUT32.DLL" with AVRStudio 4.13 beta sometimes when i do Open Project or select a project from Recent Projects.

My system is a Windows 98SE machine and i do C projects (WinAVR-20070122). A stack trace shows that the nearest caller of OLEAUT32.DLL is the AVRGCCPlugin which is called from AVRStudio.

Please ask when more information is required.

My current "fix" is using AVRStudio 4.12 with the parsers from 4.13.

> I tried again the combination WinAVR-20070122 with AVRStudio 4.13.

With a super ultra clean deinstallation of all Atmel Tools before. And... it (4.13) is working like a charm now ;-)

ADD: Played some more time with 4.13. I have to stay away from "Save Project". "Save Project" damages some settings and the IDE crashes with the error described when i try to reopen the project. Automatic save on exit works. Strange.

I know this thread is old, but it seems to fit here.

I have the same type of strange Crashes.
I use WinAVR 20070525 and Avrstudio 4.13, Build 528.
With win98Se I get a reproducable crash whenever I load any project file with projekt type AVRGCC. Working with ASM projets or a newly created GCC project works fine so far.

With Windows XP, it sometimes crashes when creating a new WinAVR type project before even creating the .aps file. But most of the times it seems to work.

Any idea how to fix the Problem on Win98 ?
Creating a new project everytime a start WinAVR is OK for a simple Projekt but there should be a better way.

Added:
Problem is fixed by AVRStudio Patch (Build 557)