AVRStudio 4.12 service pack 1 available

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I see the Beta site has a new build 461 service pack available.
http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/

I just installed AVR Studio 4.12 service pack 1. One of the bugs fixed from the release notes is:

Quote:
4058 AVR Studio GCC Plug-in -DF_CPU should be postfixed with UL

Looking at the Build tab, I don't see that this has been fixed:
Quote:
avr-gcc.exe -mmcu=atmega32 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=7372800 -O0 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT main.o -MF dep/main.o.d -c -std=gnu99 ../main.c

Don

Are you absolutely sure that the installation of the service pack succeeded?
I have installed AVR Studio and the service pack on a clean windowsNT installation and the frequency is postfixed with UL when building the project.

Regards
Torleif

Just a guess (I have not tested): maybe the F_CPU fix takes effect only if you actually update the frequency in the Configuration Options (so loading an old project you will not see the UL postfix).

/Lars

Lajon wrote:
Just a guess (I have not tested): maybe the F_CPU fix takes effect only if you actually update the frequency in the Configuration Options (so loading an old project you will not see the UL postfix).

Yes - that's it. I tried editing the frequency - deleted a trailing 0 then adding it back in. This didn't work. You have to actually change the frequency - so if you want to use the original frequency, you have to change it to something different then change it back. The postfixed UL then shows up in the options window.

Don

I have reopened the bug. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Torleif