AVRStudio 4.11SP3 Doesn't even open up!

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I Installed studio 4.11 SP3 after unistalling the original 4.11 & I get the error "Framework Class: Error while connectiong to ROT: -2147221164" and then "Error in creating avrFramework"

I attached screen grabs

What's the fix?

Erick

Attachment(s): 

Don't uninstall AVR Studio 4.11 first. You have to install SP3 over top of the original AVR Studio 4.11.

Thanks - I did go back and try that when waiting for a reply and it "worked" but Boy it would be nice if there was a read me that specified this to avoid the frustration.

Erick

Ahem... From the release notes for AVR Studio 4.11 Service Pack 3, build 410 taken from http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/

Quote:
Requires AVR Studio 4.11 or newer

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

He probably downloaded SP3 from Atmel's main US website -- it's an official release now.

And the release notes on the US website don't mention any installation prerequesites. It probably looked to the OP as though SP3 was an independent installation.

(However, with all due respect, it's worth noticing that the main AVR Studio installation download is 41 MB, while the SP3 download is 27 MB -- probably a sign that there's more to the Studio package than what you get in SP3.)