AVRStudio 4.07 on WIN 2000

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Did anyone experience problems with AVRStudio 4.07 on Windows 2000? I get an errormessage directly after starting 'AVRStudio.exe hat einen Fehler verursacht und wird geschlossen. Starten Sie das Programm neu. Ein Fehlerprotokoll wird erstellt.'

DRWatson shows an exception 'c0000005 at address 00404E04'.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jörg.

I had no problems like yours

admin's test signature

no problem in win2k in 2 machines we r using
though studio4 works only for mega/tiny not well for90s

admin's test signature

Yes I have the same problem in my machine.

I had this version (4.07) working on my Windows 2000 SP3 machine. Afterwards I installed SP4 and didn´t used Avr Studio 4.07 for a long time. When I tried to start the program it failed "Instruction XXX made a reference to memory 0."

admin's test signature

I reported also a problem using win2k in the avr-forum.

I didn't get the written error-message, but I could not choose any other device vor the softwaresimulator then an atmega128 (all other stay gray) and the simulation fails every time. So I tried to reinstall the studio, also tried as admin and so on. On my home-pc with win98SE everything works fine and so I tried to install an win2kSP2 on this and to my supression I get the same errors. I believe, there could be a problem together with the german version of win2k, because there are a lot of users reporting no problems with win2k an avrstudio4. Or is there anybody using a german win2k and avrstudio4 without such problems? I also tried to install an earlier version of avrstudio first and look at this one, but i didn't found any download for.

Can anybody follow these?

Jörg

admin's test signature

I've just read about may be the same problem in an older thread, and there was a hint to an update for the xml-parser (these looks possible because the cpu-description using xml-files).

The english link is

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa...

and for german it is available too

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa...

I haven't tried yet but I will report, when I have done.

Jörg

admin's test signature

Hello again,

the bugfix withe the xml-parser din't had any effect for the described problem, but I found out, that the studio4 works fine, when you did not change the given installationpath ("C:\Programme\Atmel\AVR Tools"). Only the replacement of the space-character with an underscore seems to be allowed because it runs too with ...Atmel\AVR_Tools.... I hope, they fix this limitation in the next version, you should be free to install in an userdefined path too.

Jörg

admin's test signature