Avrdragon programming mode error

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I am using Atmel studio6, AvrDragon and custom board which contains at32uc3a0512. Last fourth months i used this same tool for programming and debugging. Recently i purchased atmel jtagice3 and i used it for programming. Again i used avrdragon for programming it just shown error as it below:

"Unable to enter programming mode. The read device ID does not match the selected device or any other supported devices.

Please verify device selection, interface settings, target power and connections to the target device.

Timestamp: 2013-02-09 11:22:21.390
Severity: INFO
ComponentId: 20100
StatusCode: 0

Unable to enter programming mode. Verify device selection, interface settings, target power and connections to the target device".

i tried hardware correction even it still giving an error, could anyone know to resolve this problem.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

parthi2 wrote:
I am using Atmel studio6, AvrDragon and custom board which contains at32uc3a0512. Last fourth months i used this same tool for programming and debugging. Recently i purchased atmel jtagice3 and i used it for programming. Again i used avrdragon for programming it just shown error as it below:

"Unable to enter programming mode. The read device ID does not match the selected device or any other supported devices.

Am I resurrecting dead threads? Perhaps... but with good intentions.

I use Atmel Studio 6.1.2440 and JTAGICE3 (or rather, just started to). That's the only programmer I have.

I had the same error appear after rebooting my PC (Jungo USB drivers were not installed correctly. I fixed that according to given instructions and all seemed to work, but shut down my PC for the night).

I read threads like a maniac and reinstalled that same USB driver a few times over. I even got myself good number of targets to try. I tried great many things, and I was ready to come back to this forum and ask for more assistance.

While I was taking a screen capture, I somehow ended up fiddling with the ISP clock slider, which I had been content with so far (7kHz, which was more than 5kHz and less than 1/4 of the target osc).

Suddenly the minimum clock frequency jumped to 8kHz and the error vanished! I no longer can set 7kHz, I get an error message if I try to manually type that value and click "Set" -button. ...but now I no longer get that error "Unable to enter programming mode".

I don't have much faith that this helps you, the OP, but rather I chose to write into this thread in hopes that others like me, also Google up this same thread and might find this helpful.