AVR32 Studio 2.1.2 released

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

A total of 337 issues involving many components has been resolved, so it may take a while to download. A complete list is available in the release notes. In particular several software framework related bugs have been fixed.

Currently only the repository is available. This means that you can upgrade from 2.1.x. Go to Help > Software Updates... Add a new site "http://www.atmel.no/avr32/avr32s...". Select the Installed Software page, right click on "AVR32 Studio" and select Update... This will download and install the changed components.

Complete packages, including an installer for Windows will be made available on http://www.atmel.com shortly.

Have fun!
Torkild

I tried to update ... got a "Nothing to update" response?

It updated automatically with me.
But one question - 337 issues at once? Wouldn't it make sense to update more regularly?

I just tried it again ... it's downloading now, thanks.

Quote:
But one question - 337 issues at once? Wouldn't it make sense to update more regularly?

I guess the 337 solved issues are Eclipse and the AVR32 part in total, the platform is used for more than AVR32.

Hans-Christian

Yes that is correct. We included the platform update this time (service release 2). It was made available in late February which was too late for our 2.1.1 release (early February).

Hello,

I installed AVR32 Studio and Eclipse from scratch a couple days ago. I am trying now to add more plugins to Eclipse. However, since I installed the AVR32 plugins, I am no longer able to add more plugins to eclipse. If I go to "Software Updates ...", it tells me "Cannot launch the update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates."

Is this on purpose? Should I be able to add more plugins (ARM RVDS for instance)?

I have googled around trying to solve this problem with not much luck.

Thanks,

jon

I recently upgraded my AVR32 Studio 2.02 and gnu Toolchain V2.03 to the new AVR32 Studio 2.1 and gnu Toolchain V2.1.6. The installations seemed to go without a hitch, and I can build a new EVK1100 software framework application from the examples just fine, using the internal builder.

However, when I try to build an existing C/C++ Make project from the AVR32 Studio V2.02, I experience a linker error "c:/program files/atmel/avr tools/avr32 toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/avr32/4.2.2/ucr2/crtend.o
c:/program files/atmel/avr tools/avr32 toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/avr32/4.2.2/../../../../avr32/bin/ld.exe: uc3a0512-minimal_pgm.elf: section `.ctors' can't be allocated in segment 0
c:/program files/atmel/avr tools/avr32 toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/avr32/4.2.2/ucr2/crtn.o
c:/program files/atmel/avr tools/avr32 toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/avr32/4.2.2/../../../../avr32/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [uc3a0512-minimal_pgm.elf] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors."

This is for an application consisting of two C files, main.c (does nothing) and intc.c, and assembler files exception.S and trampoline.C and linked using the default linker script (link_uc3a0512.lds) provided by Atmel with the 1.3.0-AT32UC3A software framework distribution.

The config.mk include to Makefile is identical to one that works with the AVR32 Studio V2.0.2. The sections from this file that set the linker options are:
---------------------- begin ------------------
# Library path
LIB_PATH =

# Libraries to link with the project
LIBS =

# Linker script file if any
LINKER_SCRIPT = link_uc3a0512.lds

# Options to request or suppress warnings: [-fsyntax-only] [-pedantic[-errors]] [-w] [-Wwarning...]
# For further details, refer to the chapter "GCC Command Options" of the GCC manual.
WARNINGS = -Wall

# Options for debugging: [-g]...
# For further details, refer to the chapter "GCC Command Options" of the GCC manual.
DEBUG = -g

# Options that control optimization: [-O[0|1|2|3|s]]...
OPTIMIZATION = -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections

# Extra flags to use when preprocessing
CPP_EXTRA_FLAGS =

# Extra flags to use when compiling
C_EXTRA_FLAGS =

# Extra flags to use when assembling
AS_EXTRA_FLAGS =

# Extra flags to use when linking
LD_EXTRA_FLAGS = -t -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-e,_trampoline
----------------------------- end ----------------

Attached is a text file with the console output from the AVR32 Studio 2.1 build output.

Can anyone please suggest what I need to do to resolve this linker problem?

Thanks,

Dave Squires
Squires Engineering, Inc.

Attachment(s): 

Dave Squires

Fredonia Mountain Technology

Dunlap, TN 37327 USA

Hm... The upgrade semms to haldt on:
http://www.atmel.no/avr32/av32st...

Life's to short for waiting on slow CPU's

jonny5cents wrote:
I installed AVR32 Studio and Eclipse from scratch a couple days ago. I am trying now to add more plugins to Eclipse. However, since I installed the AVR32 plugins, I am no longer able to add more plugins to eclipse.

Did you install the IDE "product" instead of the individual features? That may have caused this issue.