Trying to convert a stand-alone application on the UC3B1256 from 2.0.2 to 2.0.99 (2.1 beta) and found that the linker couldn't find the interrupt related routines like register_interrupt that used to be built into newlib.
Found this in the help:
The AVR32 GNU Toolchain v2.1 has removed some newlib addons files that were present in the previous versions: exceptions, interrupts and usart support. To minimize the effect on the Software Framework and on customers, these files have been added in the Software Framework as a module named NEWLIB_ADDONS.
# The NEWLIB_ADDONS module is organized as follows: under UTILS/NEWLIB_ADDONS/ the src code,
# under UTILS/NEWLIB_ADDONS/Build the scripts to build the libraries,
# under UTILS/LIBS/NEWLIB_ADDONS/INCLUDE the nlao interface header files.
# under UTILS/LIBS/NEWLIB_ADDONS/ the archive libs for AT32AP7, AT32UCR1, AT32UCR2:
* libnewlib_addons-at32xxxx-debug archive lib generated with -O0 -g (for debug)
* libnewlib_addons-at32xxxx archive lib generated with -O0 (no optimization)
* libnewlib_addons-at32xxxx-balanced_opt archive lib generated with -O2 (medium level optimization)
* libnewlib_addons-at32xxxx-speed_opt archive lib generated with -O3 (speed optimization)
* libnewlib_addons-at32xxxx-size_opt archive lib generated with -Os (size optimization)
OK, so I add:
"C:\Atmel\AT32UC3B-1.4.0\UTILS\NEWLIB_ADDONS\INCLUDE" to compiler include paths,
"C:\Atmel\AT32UC3B-1.4.0\UTILS\LIBS\NEWLIB_ADDONS\AT32UCR1\Releases\1.4.0" to linker library search path, and
"libnewlib_addons-at32ucr1-debug.a" to linker libraries
At the link stage (using command line avr32-gcc -L C:\Atmel\AT32UC3B-1.4.0\UTILS\LIBS\NEWLIB_ADDONS\AT32UCR1\Releases\1.4.0 -mpart=uc3b1256 -Wl,--gc-sections --rodata-writable --direct-data -oEnvProc.elf uc3serial.o uc3io.o envsup.o envproc.o commands.o cmex.o -l libnewlib_addons-at32ucr1-debug.a)
It gives the error:
c:/atmel/avr tools/avr32 toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/avr32/4.2.2/../../../../avr32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l libnewlib_addons-at32ucr1-debug.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Anyone know how to make this work?