AVR Studio v4.14 b589 read EEPROM to simulator problem

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Since the programmer interface has been rewritten in last aStudio versions I cannot read EEPROM contents to the simulator window by pressing the READ button. Is it possible in v4.14 b589? It's needed for viewing debug info saved to EEPROM.
Reading to file is very inconvenient...

IV

I don't quite understand. How do you read the EEP from a, presumably, field deployed module into the Simulator?? Is this via a programmer or in debug mode?

edit I can see a greyed out option to use the current simulator memory to read/write the EEP. Never used it before, still looking into it.

edit 2 So by going into simulator debug mode the greyed out option come alive. Yet none of the button seem to do anything when the use simulator memory radio button is selected. This is with Studio 4.14.

It smells like a bug that would need to be reported formally to Atmel.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

https://www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Quote:
Yet none of the button seem to do anything when the use simulator memory radio button is selected. This is with Studio 4.14.

Yep, it is a problem for me in newed Studio versions. In v4.13 SP1 'read' button correctly reading EE content to simulator in sim debug mode through Dragon or AVRUSB500 programmer. In v4.14 with 'simulator memory radio button' selected it's not possible.
As a result, woking in v4.14 with old ATmega8 and AVRUSB500 programmer is a little difficult because debug EE info cannot be easily downloaded from chip to simulator for viewing...
I reported to Atmel. Waiting for answer.

IV

Quote:
In v4.14 with 'simulator memory radio button' selected it's not possible.
It becomes active once you start a simulator debugging session, otherwise it is greyed out. However nothing seem to work apart from that.

I never knew that thing existed or didn't pay too much attention to it as I always use some kind of hardware debugging tool.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

https://www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly