AVR Studio Failed to Initialize properly (oxc0000022)

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I installed AVR studio 4 and sp3 sequentially - all works fine under the administrator account - but it bombs when I try a standard user account -

I get the error "AVR Studio Failed to Initialize properly (oxc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application

I have tried multiple uninstall reboot & reinstalls to no success. I also tried deleting my user account folder under documents & settings to get that to reset also to no avail.

Help!

Erick

Attachment(s): 

erickoberstar wrote:
I installed AVR studio 4 and sp3 sequentially - all works fine under the administrator account - but it bombs when I try a standard user account -

I get the error "AVR Studio Failed to Initialize properly (oxc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application

I have tried multiple uninstall reboot & reinstalls to no success. I also tried deleting my user account folder under documents & settings to get that to reset also to no avail.

Doing a Google search on the error message is usually a good idea. In this case the problem is probably that non-privileged users lack access to some .dll file used by AVR Studio. One among dozens of links indicating this:
http://tinyurl.com/c7jbt

Because you tried to reinstall Studio without success, I guess it is more likely that the problem is with a Windows system DLL than with the DLLs distributed with AVR Studio.

A useful tool for diagnosing this is Dependency Walker, you can download it from here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Load AvrStudio4.exe into it and see what it reports.

HTH,
Roland Kruse
Atmel AVR Tools

I used the tool and it showed the account didn't have permissions to load two files. I added the everyone to the permission on these 2 files and it seems to work now

c:\windows\system32\MFC42.DLL
c:\windows\system32\ATL.DLL

Erick