AVR-Studio does not start: Framework Class: Error while...

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everybody!

I reinstalled AvrStudio 4.11 because I had troubles to interface the STK500. Since this reinstallation I can't start AvrStudio anymore, I always get these error messages.

[AVRStudio] "Framework Class: Error while connecting to ROT: -2147221164" [Ok]
[AVRStudio] "Error in creating avrFramework" [Ok]
[Program Error] "AVRStudio.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. [Ok]

I tried several times to Uninstall/Install/Reinstall different versions of AvrStudio 4.xx but I had always the same error. Even a manual cleaning of all AvrStudio-entries out of the Windows-Registry before reinstalling wasn't sucessfull.

Has anybody an idea what the problem is, respectively what i can do to solve this problem? (I am using Win2000 SP3)

Thanks a lot for any response! Peter

I've solved the problem!

After upgrading Win2000 to SP4 everything is working fine, even the communication between AVR-Studio and the STK500!

Thanks a lot to the support team from Atmel for their help! ;o)

Cheers, Peter

I'm getting the same problem described above, but I already have service pack 4 installed on Windows2000. :( Is there a help file or troubleshooting guide anywhere? Anyone else have this problem? I'm running (or trying to) AVR Studio 4.11 (build 401) and the service pack 3 for version 4.11. As mentioned, I installed service pack 4 for Windows 2000 from Microsoft. Still get the "Framework Class: Error while connecting to ROT: -2147221164" dialog.
-Wil

Hi Wil

I guess this error appears, because something with the XML-Parser (don't know what that exactly is) of the Windows-Installation is missing or not propperly configured! Probably my SP4 Update did fix this XML-Parser problem! Maybe it helps, if you reinstall the SP4 once more, if you don't have already done so!

Chears, Peter

Once more: After upgrading to AvrStudio 4.12 (RC3) I can't start AvrStudio anymore, I always get these error messages again:

[AVRStudio] "Framework Class: Error while connecting to ROT: -2147221164" [Ok]
[AVRStudio] "Error in creating avrFramework" [Ok]
[Program Error] "AVRStudio.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. [Ok]

I tried several times to Uninstall/Install/Reinstall different versions of AvrStudio 4.xx but I had always the same error. Even a manual cleaning of all AvrStudio-entries out of the Windows-Registry before reinstalling wasn't sucessfull.

I am using Win2000 SP4. Reinstalling of SP4 and also the XLM-Parser didn't help this time!

Thanks a lot for any response and help!

Peter

Did you restart your system before running AVRStudio?
I got the same error when I ignored rebooting after then install of it.

That's true, after installation I didn't reboot! I did the reboot later because AvrStudio wasn't running!

Therefore, I removed and reinstalled AVR-Studio sveral times, with rebooting, but the error does not disappear...

i have the very same problem, on two quite different machines.

1) VirtualPC 7.0.2 for Mac, Win2000 SP4, all patches, all updates, MSXML 6.0, admin rights
2) HP xw4200 Workstation P4 3.4GHz, Win2000 SP4, all patches, all updates, MSXML 6,0, admin rights

i get the same error messages on both, AVR Studio is unable to start. strange.

I had the same problem when I installed 4.12.
Originally I installed studio and the service pack without rebooting between the two, and it wouldn’t start.

What worked for me was …
Uninstall (both studio and the service pack), reboot, then
Install AVR Studio 4.12 release, build 460, reboot
Start AVRStudio to make sure its working, then
Install AVR Studio 4.12, Service Pack 1, build 462. reboot

YMMV

squiggy wrote:
I had the same problem when I installed 4.12.
Originally I installed studio and the service pack without rebooting between the two, and it wouldn’t start.

What worked for me was …
Uninstall (both studio and the service pack), reboot, then
Install AVR Studio 4.12 release, build 460, reboot
Start AVRStudio to make sure its working, then
Install AVR Studio 4.12, Service Pack 1, build 462. reboot

YMMV

thanks, i'll give it a try!