AVR Studio 5.1.208 The application cannot start

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi I am receiving this message from AVR studio

Attachment(s): 

Signature: We need more peripherals in DIP packages. Namely, USB, 12-bit ADC, 16-bit timer, cheaper tool as a programmer/debugger coz STK600 is expensive! Atmel Studio 5/6 sucks! coz it brings MS visual studio crap to AVR world..

RAM starvation perhaps? (I run it in a VM and often it thrashes the pagefile.sys when loading!)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=vs.90).aspx. You can also try the steps here

applying this devenv /resetuserdata shows another error message:

The Application Data folder for Visual Studio could not be created

Signature: We need more peripherals in DIP packages. Namely, USB, 12-bit ADC, 16-bit timer, cheaper tool as a programmer/debugger coz STK600 is expensive! Atmel Studio 5/6 sucks! coz it brings MS visual studio crap to AVR world..

Quote:

The Application Data folder for Visual Studio could not be created

Sounds like the dreaded UAC !

Actually I checked the permissions, there is no problem with them, I also ran the command with admin permissions, thu this has changed nothing..

What I noticed is that the settings folder doesn't exist..