AVR Studio 5 beta2, STK500, ELF files

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I would like program M162 with STK-500. In Studio 4 I can use ELF file and program all chip (FLASH + EEPROM). Now it is impossible. I have to select HEX to FLASH and EEP to EEPROM. How can I use ELF files.

Thanks.

In the memories tab of the programming dialog browse for your elf file by setting the file type filter to *.* Then choose "program". Do this for both the eeprom and the flash. We do not have the functionality to do both in one go yet.

I have tried it before. But when I select my_file.elf instead my_file.hex, open warning window:

"Some sections of the file provided does not fit within in the device memory.
Do you want to continue programming flash using only the sections that fit within the device memory"

And of course eeprom stay unprogrammed. Working with elf files is more comfortable (only one step).

Thats odd, I tested it programming eeprom content from .elf file. works for me.
Please note that you have to specify the elf file in the eeprom section (edit:of the GUI)also. If you want to use .hex and .eep files you allso have to specify the correct file for the correct memory type.
The warning that all sections in the elf file does not fit in the memory you have chosen is normal. there are separate sections in the elf file for eeprom and flash content, the warning only tells you this. (or that the content does not fit because it's to large. Hm maybe we should have two different messages for this?)

edit: Production file format (also .elf, but behaving more like you suggest) support will come at a later time later.