AVR Studio 4.18 won't install on Windows 7 32-bit

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have tried several times to install AVR Studio 4.18 on my Windows 7 32-bit machine. After the initial failure, I changed the installation folder to move it out of C:\Program Files, and also tried Run as Administrator.

Nothing helped fond a log file indicating that it launched a process which could not connect to the installation window. Swell.

AVE Studio 5 is both unfamiliar, and as a Beta, not really where I want to be. I just want a tool that doesn't give me a battle.

Suggestions?

There's a thread about Win7 in "Tutorial". May or may not be relevant to your problem.

Thanks, but that doesn't get me anywhere. The problem I see is that after responding to all the selections and clicking Install, the installer window minimizes, and apparently ceases all productive activity.

For what it's worth, I installed Studio 4.18 on Windows 7 64bit without a single hitch, including drivers for the JTagIce MKII. If you have a virus checker, make sure you disable it during the install.

Also for what it's worth I have definitely read a thread in the last month with the identical issue to what you describe (installer "stalls"). So the thread is there somewhere - I thought it migh have been that Tutorial one but if not I guess it's down to your search engine skills. Note that it's often better to use Google to search here - just add "site:avrfreaks.net" to the end of your search.

Thanks again. Found it, and another thread it points to, but neither actually offers a solution. My UAC is off, so that is not a factor.

Found a solution. I installed a 4.13 build, and that worked fine. After that had been installed and run once, I then installed 4.18, which updated the existing installation. At the end, the InstallShield wizard did not close, but the installation was fine anyway.