AVR Studio 4.18 bug

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

When I'm trying to add a file to project, which was previously added misleading message is displayed:

Not a big deal, but I lost a couple of minutes trying to figure out why I cannot add a new file into the project.

Attachment(s): 

Have you added the file yet? Check the file name carefully, there seems to be a | after Cntrl in 2 places. (ie an illegal characters)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

https://www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

No, it's a message which occurs when I'm trying to add a file which is already a part of my project. File name is ok.

Quote:
File name is ok.
The file name is NOT ok, it contains illegal characters as described above.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

No, this illegal character is 'l' letter (small 'L'). Just try to add a file which is already in your project and check the results.

Quote:
this illegal character is 'l' letter (small 'L').
Sorry :oops: , l (small 'L') and | diplays differently on my computer as I type but it looks the same as above once I preview or post.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

Surely the problem here is the space in between "Inteligentny" and "dom" ?

The error even says amongst the illegal characters ":, ,'" - the character you can't see there is a

Try wrapping the complete -I in "" such as

"-I:\pathname\filename.type"

or, better yet, avoid paths with spaces when working with Studio+GCC

No, because other files are in the same directory and everything is ok. The problem only appears if you try to add a file which is already on the list. Try it.

Something I wish Studio 4 (4.18 included) would do is to throw a proper error up at compile time if you have sram data way past the sram limits for the chip!

I went 200 bytes overboard with my internal sram allocation (incorrect .org) and all it does is to show a warning - this REALLY ort to be an error.

Took me 2 days to find out why my software wasn't working properly :roll: ... yes I know!

Quote:
Something I wish Studio 4 (4.18 included) would do is to throw a proper error up at compile time if you have sram data way past the sram limits for the chip!

AVR Studio knows nothing of this, nor does AVR Studio "compile". These are things that are the responsibility of the compiler (probably avr-gcc). Avr-gcc does put up a memory report for each compile, it is up to you to read it.

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

Hi Koshchi,

Quote:
AVR Studio knows nothing of this, nor does AVR Studio "compile". These are things that are the responsibility of the compiler (probably avr-gcc). Avr-gcc does put up a memory report for each compile, it is up to you to read it.

I don't use gcc, I only use AVRStudio for assembler development, I use a different compiler for C.

So it's the Assembler2 compiler that's throwing a simple warning rather than an error when you exceed sram sizes.

No matter.