AVR Studio 4.14 + Jtagice II Firmware 0525 0525

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Has anyone had problems with the JtagIce II with the new flash??

I use M2560's and since the flash it is very buggy wither it picks up the chips in ISP mode (running @ 250KHz)

It is locking up, not coming back until i close Studio, de-power the jtagice II and then turn everything back on ..... and even then it is a hit and miss if it will pick up the chip ...

I have an old home made Programmer running of the Parrell port and just a buffer chip ... it works fine still....

Any thoughts.... has my new Jtagice II let some of the magic smoke out somehow or just a unstable forced flash on the new V4.14 studio....

:cry: :?

O-well.. i'll keep tring, the only posibility is that i have 6 dead M2560's here and only 1 working.... not a great roll up ...

any ideas are still welcome....

The JTAGICE MKII is supposed to run in JTAG mode, not ISP mode. ISP mode does not work with JTAGICE, but it does not lock up either (it gives error messages). If you connect to the JTAGICE using AVRStudio tools menu, double check the mode type under the place where you read the AVR chip signature.

Have you tried to force another JTAGICE MKII firmware upgrade (just to be sure it loaded correctly)? If you have to go back to a previous AVRStudio version then you can use the older version to force a firmware downgrade back to the older JTAGICE version.

thankyou Mike... i may have used the wrong word.. it does not Lock up... but it does not read the chip correctly, then i reboot it and poof it is there again...

i am going to send my chips and boards away next week to get someone to replace them and place a fwe new ones... see if i have just stuffed up a batch of chips...

Fingers crossed....

I have had a couple of problems with the jtag not being able to communicate to the target boards because the white fpc cable became damaged. If you have another one I suggest opening up the faulty jtag and swapping them over. If not, you could possibly disconnect the fpc and check the continuity of each of the lines, also check the terminals for erosion.

Atmel also sell replacement 'probes' which I believe is the white fpc cable and the end header board (you need to double check this). Its not the cheapest so I wouldnt recommend getting one unless you know that that is the issue.

I have the same problem. I use avrstudio 4.14 and avrjtag ice sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work. But if I use ver: 4.12SP4 it works OK.