A.V.M Arduino Mega Board 2560

Go To Last Post
20 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all,

Good day. I have a problem with arduino mega 2560 board. The product link is http://www.avmicrotech.com/shop/product.php?id_product=16  Today i did very big mistake. in this board i connected USB cable from system and and also power from adapter. When switch on the adapter power (12v), the board burned. in this capacitor got burned and over . 

on this transformer FAB49 and below S2G. and capacitor value is A 107C and below U09A1. What the value of capacitor and how to get from these value.

i searched in web i got something. link is http://gath.en.alibaba.com/product/358139758-210478347/TPSB336K016R0350_CAPACITOR_TANT_33UF_16V_0_35OHM_1210_chip_capacitors.html

Is transformer also damaged? and how to check it.

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

Sasi,

How could you possibly expect us to be able to answer those two questions? My lemon tree does not bear fruit. Why? You have as much chance of answering that as I do in helping you without any more information.

Try again.

Ross

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

I don't know how difficult it is for you to buy Chinese stuff from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-ATMEGA2560-16AU-ATMEGA16U2-Board-Free-USB-Cable-For-ARDUINO-MEGA-2560-R3-/360790082588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5400c3c41c

shows that a MEGA clone is only about $12 now!

Your Indian shop is also a MEGA clone but costs $24

Of course a genuine Italian MEGA costs an awful lot more.    But it will have a better build quality.

If I had a serious smoke incident,   I would buy a replacement board.    You don't know how much damage you have caused to all the other components.     We certainly don't.

David.

My lemon tree does not bear fruit. Why?

Watch "The World's Fastest Indian" for a fix to your lemon tree problem......

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

According to the Mfg spec the recommended voltage is 7-12v but it as a maximum rating of 6-20v, i,m sure a read somewhere that the Arduinos auto select there input source which then begs the question how is it possible to fry it ?.

Essef cool

Just like the Thunderbirds, Printf needs "Strings" yes

Last Edited: Tue. Dec 23, 2014 - 12:32 PM

Here,s where i,d come across it, not set in stone but never the less.

http://arduino.stackexchange.com...

As you can see they do auto select.

Essef cool

Last Edited: Tue. Dec 23, 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thank you Essef . I will check it out now. 

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

sasireka wrote:

on this transformer FAB49

Is transformer also damaged? and how to check it.

I've never seen a transformer on any arduino board????

JC

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274
get $5 free gold/silver https://www.onegold.com/join/713...

Good day.   What it be FAB49

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

There have been spurious reports of clones with "questionable" external power supplies (and regulator circuits.)

It's hard to tell how widespread these are, since a lot of people just operating their boards off of 5V, and would never notice.

I would just buy a new clone board.

After all,   any 'smoke' incident may have damaged several components on your board.

Would you stick a patch on a condom or buy a new condom?

I have no idea what a FAB49 might be.    If you do discover what it is and replace it,   you still don't know if other parts are damaged.

David.

yes david. i am trying to replace it but i could not find what FAB49 is.

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

sasireka wrote:

i could not find what FAB49 is.

It would help if we knew which part on the board is Fab49 !, there's not alot on there i see 5v/3v regs Sm caps/resistors etc etc so post i pic with Fab49 highlighted.

But as Davids already pointed you,d be far better of purchasing a new unit, put this down to experience use it as a doorstop and move on.

Essef cool 

Good day. It is near 12 V power. The product link is  http://www.avmicrotech.com/shop/product.php?id_product=16

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

The nearest component to the power socket other than the 2 caps at its rear is a 5v regulator, which is shown aside the socket is this what you mean ?.

If yes then check its output, and if fried then replace it with a LM7805 or similar.

Please try and be a bit more descriptive as "its near the 12v power" is a little obscure.

Essefcool 

thanks Essef . yes exactly rear to 2 capacitor.  Sorry for short descriptive.  can i use 33uf capacitor. the capacitor is placed rear to 12v power supply and above that capacitor written as A 107C. i googled and i got the result like 33uf . link is:   http://gath.en.alibaba.com/product/358139758-210478347/TPSB336K016R0350_CAPACITOR_TANT_33UF_16V_0_35OHM_1210_chip_capacitors.html

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

Last Edited: Fri. Dec 26, 2014 - 11:47 AM

I am totally gobsmacked.   All the Arduino designs have got schematics and bill of materials.

You can even take a low-tech approach and describe the component at the "top left corner"  e.g. the USB socket.

Then measure the vertical and horizontal location of the "mystery" component.

Or count the 'pins' and note the colour / shape / size of the package.

I still reckon that your best bet is to buy a new clone board.   They are very cheap.

Especially if you can't read a schematic or follow a copper trace on a pcb.

David.

Good day. I am very sorry David. I will buy a new one. Thanks David.

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN

Hi Sasi

Sorry to hear that you have issue with A.V.M board.

It is always better to go back to the seller for help / replacement. In this case we have recently found issue with capacitor (only on our mega board) and have switched our source to Farnell (element14 another reason for high price). 

The difference in our price and china price is that we guarantee the boards and provide technical support.

However I do know that most of the shops selling these china boards in India do not entertain any warranty, hence buyers may assume no warranty.

As an embedded uC enthusiast myself, I do not want any new hobbyist to start with bad experience. I love AVR over any other uC and believe me have I have Atmega328 running in semiconductor production environment for years (~ 4 to 5) without a single issue or hang.

Further I have specially created this logging in second attempt to be able to reply to your question.

Cheers

Sharma

Good day. Thanks sharma. I will check the warranty details and contact the seller for get a help or replacement. Thank you so much sharma. good reply post. 

Happy Pongal :)

-----------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

-----------------------

GO GREEN