I'm having problems while trying to communicate to Atmel-ICE over Avarice and for some reason I'm constantly getting "avarice has not been compiled with libusb support" error message.
Since I couldn't get Avarice to work I have tried to first enable the avrdude. After small playing around with libusb drivers I have managed to use the avrdude with Atmel-ICE. After that I have switched to Avarice again and no matter what I do or where I paste the libusb files the Avarice won't compile with libusb support (Avarice compiles but constantly prints the error for missing libusb on "avarice --mkII -j usb" cmd).
Things that I have done before compiling the Avarice:
- copied the libusb-1.0 header file to /usr/include/libusb-1.0/ under cygwin
- copied the libusb-1.0.a and libusb-1.0.dll.a files to lib /gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/6.4.0/ under cygwin
- untared avarice-2.13 in home folder and created a specific "obj-avr" directory within
- set flags for libusb:
- export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libusb-1.0/
- export CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libusb-1.0/
- export LDFLAGS="-static -L/lib/gcc "
- "../configure --prefix=$PREFIX" cmd
- then I have appended "-lusb-1.0" in LIBS variable under Makefile
- after that I have applied the patches mention by TT_ZX from here
- then I needed to modify the jtagrw.cc file under line 134 to "NULL". For some reason it was returning boolean value.
- now I was able to execute make and make install cmds
After doing all steps above I was able to get the avarice.exe file but it was still saying that Avarice wasn't compiled with libusb support. Does anyone have any idea what am I missing here?