ATXMega192A3 vs ATXMega192D3

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have found on the Atmel website references to both a A and a D version of this device (ATXMega192)

Does anyone know what the difference is supposed to be? I could not see anything different from the one datasheet to the other.

Also, I have noticed conflicting specifications for the size of the EEPROM space on this device. At some places they show 4kb, on others they show 2kb. Does anyone know what the story is supposed to be?

One last question. Why don't I see any of the XMega's listed under the "devices" tab on AVRfreaks?

regards
Carel

www.pteq.net
Home of:
- Polygon Technologies CC

Use http://www.atmel.com/dyn/product... but don't trust it entirely. IMHO the FLASH memory for the Atxmega192D3 is wrong in the table.

The D-types have less on-chip periphery, e.g. no DMA, no crypto-engines ... Also note the D-type specs are preliminary and you will have difficulties to get some D-type xmegas. You can't even get all A-types at the moment.

Regarding the EEPROM, word-size vs. byte size specs?

Regarding avrfreaks device tabs, many parts of avrfreaks are neglected for some time. The device tabs are one such neglected part.

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

Thanks for the grest answer!

I notice there is no inventory listed on websites for D types, except for Xmega128 and Xmega256.
It appears one can use the A type and exchange it later for a D type as long as you don't use any of the missing peripherals in the D version. Any reason why we can't do this?

www.pteq.net
Home of:
- Polygon Technologies CC