atxmega128A1U DFU bootloader

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hey!

Can anyone with IAR compile me a DFU bootloader for xmega128A1U. All that needs to be changed is the button input to Q,3 (active Low). Needed so that the XMega would only go to bootloader when Q3 is low on reset/boot. Sadly couldn't find a project I could compile with AVR studio and the "example" software is for IAR only (idiotic not to support Atmels OWN software for their examples...).

Thanks a bunch
Rain

Quote:

Sadly couldn't find a project I could compile with AVR studio

No but Atmel's plan (because the bootloaders are all under 4K) is that you can compile them with the "KistStarter" evaluation version of IAR that is limited to producing 4K or less code.

So you should be able to get AVR1916, extract the .zip for the bootloader you are interested in, modify the config, and build it using IAR EWAVR "KickStarter"

I had the same problem, You can resolve downloading the evaluation version of IAR: the project compile without problem!I had change a pin and I use Flip for upgrade my device.

For some reason my kick-starter edition doesn't like the included project files. can not open any of those.

Have tried now a few IAR versions and can't get this working on any of my machines. It either can not load the project at all or corrupts everything in the process. Not that familiar with the system myself to create my own from the bootloader files.

Can anyone compile it for me?

-rain-

Download The trial version of Iar, install it and request the license. Load the project and compile it. If you have a problem again contact me in PM.
Bye

I thank cicciounico for help. Got it working.