Attiny2313 speed and voltage

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

The attiny2313 is specified at 20MHz at 2.7 to 5.5V, while the attiny2313_v_ goes to 10MHz at 1.8 to 5.5V.

Do you think it is possible to run the attiny2313 (no v) down to 1.8v as long as I keep it below 10MHz? The reason I ask is that I've got 2313 samples in soic and 2313v samples in dip.

Greetings,

Børge

Hi,

Since you mention samples - I assume this is a one-off project or prototype? If that is the case just run it and see what happens... remember its not speced for such an operation so it could possibly fail.

Regards,

-Colin

This may have on relation to the performance you'll get out of your chip's but The Atmega162 is only rated at 2.7-5.5 volts 0-16mhz. While the 162v is rated at 1.7-5.5 volts 0-8mhz.
Thing is my mega162 (no v) will start and run perfectly fine down to about 1.8 volts even at the full 16mhz clock rate. This is not adviseable for commercial products because the specs Atmel states for their chips have a healthy degree of saftey margin to increase the reliability of the chips. But I think the undervoltage/overvoltage and actual over clocking ability of most AVR's is a lot higher than one might think, especially with an external oscilator.

-Curiosity may have killed the cat
-But that's why they have nine lives