ATtiny2313 include file for assembly programming

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I usually use the ICCAVR compiler but I want to use assembly for a small project. I do not have the ATtiny2313def.inc file in my folder that has most of the include files. I have the include file for the older version, the AT90S2313. I searched through the Atmel web site but didn't find the include files. I am using Studio 4.2 for assembly.
Can anyone point me to the location to get the latest include files for all of the AVR devices.

Thanks

I'll believe corporations
are people when Texas executes one.

Include "tn2313def.inc", not "ATtiny2313def.inc".

This file should be in C:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\AvrAssembler\Appnotes or C:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\AvrAssembler2\Appnotes depending on what version of the assembler you are using.

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

I am using Assembler2 version. I located the file(s).
Thanks a million!
I think this must mean that the Studio Assembler2 'knows' where or defaults to these files when using the DEVICE directive?

UPDATE: In a snippet of code , I added
".INCLUDE tn2313def.inc"
but the assembler complains "missing include file name". Under assembler options, I added the include path to the file as stored on my harddrive. Not sure why the assembler doesn't find the file??
I had also deleted the .DEVICE directive.

UPDATE #2: Problem was enclosing file name in "file"
Thanks for the assist.

I'll believe corporations
are people when Texas executes one.