ATTiny2313 dried up

Go To Last Post
12 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I recently tried to order Qty 100 of the SOIC version of the ATtiny2313. My supplier told me they are hard to get. Mouser and Digikey are on back order.

Man that is disappointing.

Did I miss a notice from Atmel saying there are pulling the item?
Anyone got a spare 100 devices?

Have you looked in your backyard instead of all over the world? :)
www.soanarplus.com has 108 in stock of the ATTINY2313-20SU MICRO 20MHZ SOIC-20 (ZAP075 Soanar number)

I have 8 but you are not getting them. :)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

They do not!
Thanks

Huh? The website shows 108 "available now", the next shipment is due 12/11/2010. Or is the website lying?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

You can also try http://www.findchips.com/.
BTW, you might also search for the new silicon revision (ATtiny2313A).

/Martin.

The A version is even harder to find!

Leon Heller G1HSM

js wrote:
Huh? The website shows 108 "available now", the next shipment is due 12/11/2010. Or is the website lying?

Well Yes. I bought the said 108. The website still shows they have 108 and my order says they are on Back Order until 12 Nov. That stinks and they will be getting a phone call tomorrow.

I see. Poor Sam, the new rep for our area, copped it from me a few weeks ago for something that was not his fault or Soanar's fault for that matter...but they are the distributors of the product. :)

If you need the 8 I have you can "borrow" them from me and replace them when you get yours. I don't have any immediate need for them, well untill I give them to you then someone will want some boards with those chips.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

js wrote:
I see. Poor Sam, the new rep for our area, copped it from me a few weeks ago for something that was not his fault or Soanar's fault for that matter...but they are the distributors of the product. :)

If you need the 8 I have you can "borrow" them from me and replace them when you get yours. I don't have any immediate need for them, well untill I give them to you then someone will want some boards with those chips.

John,
I appreciate the offer, I already have 15 unused. I am gearing up for a another run so want I need more stock any way. I am also looking at doing a new design but am hesitant if sourcing ATtiny2313 is going to become an issue. I need the USART so most other Tiny variants are not suitable.

Soanar told me they do stock "transformations" at 11:15 and 15:15 each day. I guess that is when their website will also be updated. The 108 are real and have been allocated to me ;).
If any else place a demand they would be on back order. That is good enough for me.

My back up strategy was to use a PIC for the new design - looks like I won't need to do this now.

Quote:
The 108 are real and have been allocated to me
I hope you pay attention to the "beer economy" commercial :wink:

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

More then happy to share a drink with a mate. I work in Norwest so Amber lunch is possible.
Name your time.