So, finally, we have an update to Atmel Studio.
Being primarily a bugfix release, build 934 should quite a few issues reported here (yes John, yours too). Most notable change besides bugfixes are an update of the avr8-gcc package which now comes with avr-libc 2.0.
You can get the release note from here, and the installer by looking in the notifications window in Atmel Studio (click the little flag in the top right corner on the toolbar), or by going to Help->Check for updates, while we wait for atmel.com to get updated.
A non exhaustive list of bugfixes (from the release note) is listed below:
- AVRSV-7084: During the upgrade, user settings like recent projects, external tools, parallel build are not persisted. During upgrade of Atmel Studio, user settings like recent projects, external tools, parallel build are not persisted.
- AVRSV-7176: When opening a project, the same file opens multiple times. Opening a ASF project opens multiple instances of some files.
- AVRSV-7222: Start without debugging uses a default clock (unconfigured) of 1 MHz. Start without debugging ignores user settings and uses a default clock (unconfigured) of 1 MHz.
- AVRSV-7230: "Show all files" doesn't show files unused in the project but existing in the directory. "Show all files" doesn't show all existing files in the directory, it only shows files used in the project.
- AVRSV-7267: Launching with many breakpoints (6) causes flash-controller fault on SAM4E. Binding many breakpoints during launch can cause memory corruption.
- AVRSV-7305: Using the fuses and lockbits page fails for ATmega DFU and AVR XMEGA FLIP bootloaders. Trying to open the Fuse or Lockbit page in the programming dialog failed when using the ATmega DFU and XMEGA Flip bootloaders.
- AVRSV-7312: ATmega DFU fails to launch. Launching on a device using the ATmega DFU bootloader caused an error due to the wrong erase command being issued.
- AVRSV-7337: GDB crashes intermittently on SAMV71. GDB crashes on some SAM devices due to a race condition when programming flash and launching the debug session.
- AVRSV-7341: Drag-n-drop files into the solution explorer should link, not copy. Default behavior when files is dragged into the solution explorer is to copy. This fix gives an option to change the behavior to link the file when dragged into the solution explorer, and adds the possibility to hold down the ALT key when dragging the file to create a link.
- AVRSV-7342: Can not move links in the solution explorer. Linked files can not be moved in the solution explorer.
- AVRSV-7343: Linked files in the solution explorer are sometimes absolute, sometimes relative. Fixes a bug where linked files added to a newly created project is stored with an absolute path in the project instead of relative path.
- AVRSV-7346: Atmel Studio is deleting linked files. When moving linked files in the solution explorer, sometimes the source file can be deleted. Normal file operations are no longer done on linked files in the solution explorer.
- AVRSV-7378: Chip Erase with EDBG fails if erase pin is not connected. Chip Erase fails on EDBG kits where the erase pin is not connected.
- AVRSV-7379: Unhandled exception when writing fuses or lockbits when Auto Read is turned off. Unhandled exception when writing fuses or lockbits when Auto Read is turned off. This causes Atmel Studio to crash.
- AVRSV-7396: Exception in MemoryPressureResolver. Some machines shows an error regarding 'Exception in MemoryPressureReliever'. This is caused by a change the .NET framework, which was not handled correctly.
- AVRSV-7400: Disable debugWire and close hidden in easy-mode. When in Standard mode, Disable debugWire and Close is not visible in the Debug menu. To activate the fix, reset the profile selection by going to 'Tools->Select Profile' and click the 'Reset' button. This will reload the active profile to the default one.
- AVRSV-7408: Set startup project in solution explorer hidden in easy-mode. When using Atmel Studio in Standard mode, the Set Startup Project menu is missing. To activate the fix, reset the profile selection by going to 'Tools->Select Profile' and click the 'Reset' button. This will reload the active profile to the default one.
- AVRSV-7415: Remove project from the Recent project list on the Startpage does not work. Removing projects from the recent list on the start page did not work.
- AVRSV-7422: Breakpoint on reset vector does not work. When using the Start Debugging function (without break) to launch a debug session, a breakpoint placed at the reset vector was ignored during startup.
- AVRSV-7426: atprogram info does not print signature for Cortex-M0+. Signature information is not printed from atprogram for Cortex-M0+ devices.
- AVRSV-7454: Import project template fails. 'File->Import->Project template' fails with missing 'Ionic.zip' assembly.