Atmel Studio 7.0.2389

Go To Last Post
13 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I just upgraded to the latest version of AS7 - Version 2389.  Has Anyone had any trouble with this version.  I'm hoping it fixes one of the display bugs I keep seeing.

I've had that version installed for a few weeks now - haven't noticed anything untoward in it.

If you do have some kind of display issue it could be related to your graphic drivers in Windows. By default VS2015 and AS7 attempt to use hardware accelerated graphics with the specific drivers for your graphics card. If that ism't working right for some reason seek this out under Tools-Options:

and change the setting (specifically the "Automatically adjust..." one)

Thanks for the pointer, Cliff.  In general the display is OK, although I get the warning about my video card being out of date when I install VS7 updates.  The bug that bugs me is in Visual Assist.  Every once in a while it will decide one of my variables is not defined and underlines it in black wherever it appears.  After a while it will change its mind and the underlining goes away.  Just a minor annoyance.  Other than that, VS7 has been good.  It will be interesting to see how it works with Win 10 when I upgrade my machine next year.

You can turn Visual Assist off completely and it can't irritate you.

But it only irritates me a little.  Otherwise, I really like what it does for me, so I am willing to live with it.  Sort of like having a cat.  Sometimes they irritate you.  Have you gotten a new friend for Amelia?

Edit.  Bad memory

Last Edited: Wed. Oct 23, 2019 - 10:59 PM

MarkThomas wrote:
Have you gotten a new friend for Amelia?
Not gonna happen - Biggles was irreplaceable. We're just happy to still have Amelia brightening our lives.

I sometimes think getting two more cats after Lumpy passed was a mistake, even though I love them both now.  Lumpy was a special cat too.  Irreplaceable, as you say.  I find it hard to think of life without cats, but I wish I could get over worrying about them so I could travel more.

Chocolatey Software | Atmel Studio 7.0.2389

Description

Remark

atmel-studio is installed in 2 steps. The second step will be started automatically after a restart of the computer and will prompt you to install 2 certificates from:
- Microchip Technology, Inc.
- Atmel Corporation.

Version History

[7.0.2389 and 7.0.1931]

Dependencies

[KB2999226]

Chocolatey Software | Why Chocolatey

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Not entirely sure I understand the raison d'etre here? The install package from Atmel/Microchip (who I trust) is a simple to operate, sleek installation so why would I install the same from "Chocolatey" (who I've never heard of and therefore don't trust)  - what possible benefit is there in subjecting my PC to possible hijack?

One of creators of that package is at the California Polytechnic State University College of Engineering.

IIRC, there's a thread on how to install Atmel Studio in that context (many rapid installs)

clawson wrote:
what possible benefit is there in subjecting my PC to possible hijack?
No answer

Cal Poly College of Engineering

edit :

Embedded Systems Lab - Laboratory Facilities - Electrical Engineering Department - Cal Poly

Atmel Studio 6                                Atmel Corporation

Copyright © 2014 - Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 25, 2019 - 09:40 PM

I use choco all the time.. Bloody brilliant if you ask me (every ounce of linux behaviour is good :) )

I have actually been trying to do Studio for choco, but I couldn't figure out to do the driver stuff... This package had an interesting solution to it :)

(Cliff, if you need trust, scroll down to the Files part, there you can look at what the package does....)

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

I'm still not getting what makes it better. Is this like apt-get or something? But why is it needed? It's not like there are lib Dependencies or something?

apt upgrade => choco upgrade all

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)