Atmel Studio 7.0.1188 Release

Go To Last Post
58 posts / 0 new

Pages

Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All,

Atmel Studio  7.0.1188 Release available.

Web: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/atmel-studio/7.0.1188/as-installer-7.0.1188-web.exe (Recommended)

Release notes: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/atmel-studio/7.0.1188/as-installer-7.0.1188-readme.pdf

Note: Offline version if required could be downloaded at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/atmel-studio/7.0.1188/as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe

Regards,

Charles

I upgraded the AS7.0.1006 to AS7.0.1188 on my Win7-32 Laptop.

The XMINI-328P required a Firmware Update from 1.10 to 1.13.

The Upgrade crashed.   Much the same as when I installed AS7.0.1006 on my Win10-64 PC.

I managed to upgrade by soldering a 5x2 JTAG header to the XMINI and using my ATMEL-ICE.

So it looks as if I have to go through the same procedure.   I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the ATMEL-ICE will work.

If you are going to change firmware with each release,  it would be handy if the USB bootloader worked.

I fully understand that you probably don't test a Win7-32.   But I will let someone else try installing on a Win10-64 before I risk it.

David.

Edit.   I upgraded the mEDBG chip via JTAG on the PC.   The XMINI now works with the AS7.0.1188 on the Laptop.   Of course it will no longer work with AS7.0.1006 on the PC.

Last Edited: Fri. Sep 30, 2016 - 09:47 PM

I see that it has "Added support for new AVR8X architecture" which I guess is for the new ATtiny417 / ATtiny814 / ATtiny816 / ATtiny817 but I don't see any mention of those chips in the release notes or mention of UPDI.

That's about the only thing that would prompt me to install the new version, otherwise I can do without the assured pain of a new Studio version.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

The new version does have the updated tiny device pack for the new tiny chips.

The install was without problems and all works as expected so far.

I cannot update Atmel Studio. The error message suggests to install Windows update KB3033929 which I cannot install because it is already installed. I use Windows 7 64 Bit. Any ideas?

Attachment(s): 

The new version does have the updated tiny device pack for the new tiny chips.

So do they show up on the drop down list? Can you select UPDI for programming and debugging? Is there any documentation on the connector wiring for that?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

UPDI is a one-wire interface, and you can both progam and debug, depending on the tool. Reset pin , GND and Vcc.

My question was more about the availability of UPDI on this new version of Studio?

So is it the same as DW as far as the tool interface is concerned on a standard 6 pin header?

This bit sort of confused me, easily done at my age. Would this be faster for debug/program? Not that it would matter much for a 8K device of course.

Optionally, a 2-wire interface using a GPIO as a separate TX-pin can be enabled, with the PDI pin still used for the RXpart of the communication.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

Sometimes a Windows 7 update will be defective such that Windows 7 is no longer consistent.

Command Prompt

Run as administrator

sfc /scannow

sfc is System File Check; multiple ways to correct a SFC error.

Otherwise, should be able to uninstall then reinstall a Windows update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929

via

http://atmel.force.com/support/articles/en_US/FAQ/Installing-Atmel-Studio-shows-warning-about-digitally-signed-driver-on-Windows-7

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2921916

via

http://atmel.force.com/support/articles/en_US/FAQ/Multiple-Windows-security-dialog-boxes-during-driver-install-on-Windows-7

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

SFC does not report any error.

I cannot uninstall KB3033929. It is not in the list. :( It's a rather old update and might be part of a rollup update that has been released since.

The clue to this is: I tried to download Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu from Microsoft and I cannot install it. It says "already installed".

Something must have changed in the new Atmel Studio update mechanism. The last updates were fine. Plus I did not have any problems with AS7 either.

Can I somehow skip this check?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and am up-to-date.  Installation failed due to Norton not liking the SAM B flash tool.

From Norton:

Filename: sambflashtool.exe
Threat name: Heur.AdvML.BFull Path: c:\programdata\package cache\{db11feb8-396c-4cbc-8de1-399d67afcb99}v7.0.1186\7.0\packs\atmel\samb11_dfp\2.2.181\tools\sambflashtool.exe

On computers as of
10/2/2016 at 7:34:17 AM

Last Used
10/2/2016 at 7:36:18 AM

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

sambflashtool.exe Threat name: Heur.AdvML.B
Locate

Few Users
Fewer than 100 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 5 months ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
sambflashtool.exe

File Actions

File: c:\programdata\package cache\{db11feb8-396c-4cbc-8de1-399d67afcb99}v7.0.1186\7.0\packs\atmel\samb11_dfp\2.2.181\tools\ sambflashtool.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
7218ad429ebb1d60e2fb8a2b2fdbdb12b5c3b41ffebd4229c4efc2fd60ca5e2f
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

From AS Installer:

No time to troubleshoot at the moment...

Greg Muth

Portland, OR, US

Xplained/Pro/Mini Boards mostly

Make Xmega Great Again!

I can’t install this update [Win7 64-bit]. Just after beginning I have an error:

Please install the following Windows Updates:

[KB3033929, https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3033929]

I course, I’ve already have this update installed. Can you suggest any solution?

I course, I’ve already have this update installed. Can you suggest any solution?

Of course my system is checked, as suggested. So I believe that the problem is in the installer itself.

Last Edited: Sun. Oct 2, 2016 - 05:29 PM

By putting Norton in "Silent Mode" (i.e., temporarily turning off virus protection), I was able to install without issue.  After turning virus protection back on, the same file I mentioned above was found and deleted by Norton.  I'm going to hold off a while before connecting a 328PB X-Mini.

Greg Muth

Portland, OR, US

Make Xmega Great Again!

blubbb wrote:

I cannot update Atmel Studio. The error message suggests to install Windows update KB3033929 which I cannot install because it is already installed. I use Windows 7 64 Bit. Any ideas?

1) Install the KB from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/....

2) Run from command prompt

wmic qfe | find "KB3033929"

If the above command returns the details of the KB  like the URL, machine name, KB ID, user name etc. then the KB is installed successfully.

3) Check whether you need a system restart after installing and then try the above command?

Note: If you have trouble installing Windows update itself try https://support.microsoft.com/en...

Regards,

Charles

Last Edited: Mon. Oct 3, 2016 - 04:18 AM

TFrancuz wrote:

I can’t install this update [Win7 64-bit]. Just after beginning I have an error:

Please install the following Windows Updates:

[KB3033929, https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3033929]

Of course my system is checked, as suggested. So I believe that the problem is in the installer itself.

1) Install the KB from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/....

2) Run from command prompt

wmic qfe | find "KB3033929"

If the above command returns the details of the KB like the URL, machine name, KB ID, user name etc. then the KB is installed successfully.

3) Check whether you need a system restart after installing and then try the above command?

Note: If you have trouble installing Windows update itself try https://support.microsoft.com/en...

Regards,

Charles

Last Edited: Mon. Oct 3, 2016 - 04:18 AM

Greg_Muth wrote:

By putting Norton in "Silent Mode" (i.e., temporarily turning off virus protection), I was able to install without issue.  After turning virus protection back on, the same file I mentioned above was found and deleted by Norton.  I'm going to hold off a while before connecting a 328PB X-Mini.

Thanks for the feedback we will look into it.

Regards,

Charles

david.prentice wrote:

I upgraded the AS7.0.1006 to AS7.0.1188 on my Win7-32 Laptop.

The XMINI-328P required a Firmware Update from 1.10 to 1.13.

The Upgrade crashed.   Much the same as when I installed AS7.0.1006 on my Win10-64 PC.

I managed to upgrade by soldering a 5x2 JTAG header to the XMINI and using my ATMEL-ICE.

So it looks as if I have to go through the same procedure.   I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the ATMEL-ICE will work.

If you are going to change firmware with each release,  it would be handy if the USB bootloader worked.

I fully understand that you probably don't test a Win7-32.   But I will let someone else try installing on a Win10-64 before I risk it.

David.

Edit.   I upgraded the mEDBG chip via JTAG on the PC.   The XMINI now works with the AS7.0.1188 on the Laptop.   Of course it will no longer work with AS7.0.1006 on the PC.

It would be great if you get a crash dump in this scenario. we will look into reproducing it.

Regards,

Charles

I found out that KB3033929 is part of one of the last convenience updates. It cannot be installed separately if the convenience update is already installed. Trying to install KB3033929 results in the error message "already installed". wmic qfe does not report an installed KB3033929, although the system is clearly up to date.

So it is the AS7 updater that is broken. 

You could try to start the installer with the option "/SystemValidationErrorAsWarning". Should of course not be used unless you are sure you know what you are doing.

-Jan Egil

I can not install the "Atmel Studio 7.0.1188" under Windows7. Allegedly missing the KB3033929. A manual update but says that it exists. In Windows Update, it is not found. I suspect that it is part of another kulmulativen updates. Presumably Atmel would here make improvements.

-------------------------

Ich kann das "Atmel Studio 7.0.1188" unter Windows7 nicht installieren. Angeblich fehlt das KB3033929. Ein manuelles Update sagt aber, dass es vorhanden ist. In Windows Update wird es aber nicht gefunden. Ich vermute, dass es Teil eines anderen kulmulativen Updates ist. Vermutlich müsste Atmel hier nachbessern.

berecke wrote:
Allegedly missing the KB3033929.
So what happened when you tried the suggestion in #20 ?

Hooray, it worked. What have I done? I called CMD as an administrator. Then started the Atmel update with the option (# 20). Thank you very much.

-----------------------------------

Hurra, es hat funktioniert. Was habe ich gemacht? Ich habe CMD als Administrator aufgerufen. Dann das Atmel-Update mit der Option (#20) gestartet. Danke sehr.

Yes, that parameter solved it. The installation went fine and AS7 works perfectly, thanks!

-----------------------------------

Ja, der Parameter war die Lösung. Die Installation klappte und AS7 funktioniert einwandfrei, danke!

:P

Total votes: 1

Upgrading mEDBG firmware on 328PB X-MINI from 1.10 to 1.13 was successful on a Win10-64 host.  Note that this is NOT the same board David Prentice had problems with above.  He tried the upgrade on a 328P X-MINI on a Win7-32 host and things got ugly.

Neither the AVR Dragon nor the JTAGICE mkII required a firmware upgrade.

Greg Muth

Portland, OR, US

Make Xmega Great Again!

Surely the mEDBG firmware is exactly the same for an XMINI-168PB, XMINI-328PB, XMINI-328P.

You have a regular mega32U4 chip that handles the USB and mEDBG functionality.

I own an XMINI-168PB and recently, an XMINI-328P.

The 168PB has upgraded itself several times from different builds of AS6.2 e.g. 1502, 1548, 1563

And from some different builds of AS7.0 e.g. 305, 594, 634, 790, 943

When I foolishly let Windows install Win10-64,  AS7.0 build 1006 would not self-upgrade the XMINI-168PB or the XMINI-328P.

So I soldered JTAG headers and upgraded the firmware with ATMEL-ICE.   i.e. to mEDBG 1.10 which worked fine for debugWIRE with AS7.0.1006

AS7.0.1188 required mEDBG to be upgraded to 1.13.   The 'current' 1.10 would not upgrade itself.  So I used the JTAG header.

As far as I know,  the mEDBG firmware is just a standard application.   The ATMEL-ICE will have erased the whole chip.   Programmed and Verified the new Firmware.   I did not set any Lock bits after the Flash Programming was finished.

Most Upgrade through Bootloader procedures work from code in a locked Boot area.   This handles the data and programs the Flash in the Application area (only erasing pages as required).

Using an external programmer will automatically erase the Boot area.   If the mEDBG.hex only contains the Application code,   there is no longer anything in the Boot area.   (there is no problem with including the Boot code.   the Bootloader would just ignore the 'protected' locked pages)

Of course,  I would never have used an external programmer if the self-upgrade had worked with AS7.0.1006 under Win10-64.

David.

p.s.  just looked at mEDBG.hex.  1.13 contains hex records from 0x0000 to 0x6E01.  1.10 = 0x0000-0x6C03.   So yes,  I have probably lost my Boot sections from both XMINIs.

@David, Logged mEDBG firmware upgrade issue along with your comments for further investigation. We will track it with ID - AVRSV-7655. 

Hi David,

Just a clarification, when you say the upgrade crashed, do you mean that Atmel Studio actually crashed or just that the upgrade failed?

-Jan Egil

No, the upgrade failed via USB on AS7.0.1006 with a Win10-64 PC.
I have destroyed the Bootloader on both my XMINIs by using JTAG. So I can only upgrade via JTAG now.
Is the Bootloader code available? Then I could restore the XMINIs. And see whether the Bootloader works with Win7-32.
And possibly try Win10-64 again.
I would presume that the ATmega32U4 bootloader code is both mature and reliable.
However, Atmel USB PC drivers are a movable feast.
And Win-10 changes daily.
David.

Last Edited: Thu. Oct 6, 2016 - 05:27 PM

After the upgrade sam09.h is no longer found. A slew of errors results :(

I remember during installation there was a dialog screen, warning to adjust a few things, but as it is transient I forgot the details. Why not post them on something less transient, where I expected them to be, like the release notes? 

Are side-by-side installs (of AS7) possible?

Last Edited: Thu. Oct 6, 2016 - 06:21 PM

If you go here: http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATM... you will find a link to the USB DFU Bootloader (hex file here: http://www.atmel.com/Images/mega...). Try that.

To us there is a huge distinction between failing and crashing. Things might fail, and should then do so in an orderly fashion with a proper message to the user (some might say we still have room for improvement on that point...), but Studio should never crash. If it crashes we would like to have a crash dump to figure out what went wrong.

<rambling>

The distinction between "fail" and "crash" feels a bit like when recruits in the Norwegian military make the error of using the word "kontakt" (contact) instead of "forbindelse" (connection). The words generally mean the same thing, but in the military "kontakt" is only used when you have "enemy contact". If you just want to report that you have a good/bad radio connection you use say "god/dårlig forbindelse". "Kontakt" (and crash) tends to make the red lights start flashing.

</rambling>

-Jan Egil

hello,

same trouble described above.

cause it is not so clear how to fix I summarize how2do.

Post #19 by je_ruud is the solution.

The matter:

1. your system is based on Microsoft Windows 7, updated to SP1 and fully revised to the last Windows Update patch.

2. when you try to install the release 7.0.1188, Atmel Studio 7.0 asks for the Windows Update KB3033929.

3. you download the KB3033929 and install it and Microsoft Windows 7 replies "already installed"

4. if you look for KB3033929 in the list of the installed Windows Update you don't find.

5. if, from the Windows command prompt you digit, wmic qfe | find "KB3033929" the KB3033929 isn't found. This because the KB3033929 is included in the cumulative Update for Windows 7 (KB3172605)

So Atmel Studio looks for KB3033929, it exists, but under the big KB3172605 container, and Atmel Studio refuses to proceed.

Solution:

if you have done the 3. said before, so the KB3033929 is installed even if in a hidden position, you can force Atmel Studio & Windows 7:

1. Open Windows 7 command prompt. Usually it is in C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

2. Move to the directory where the Atmel Studio 7.0 application was downloaded. In my case cd c:\users\Mario\Downloads\Atmel

3. type dir and verify the application as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe is listed

4. type as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe /SystemValidationErrorAsWarning

In this case when Atmel Studio 7.0 verifies the presence of KB3033929 shows a warning an not an error. At that time chose next and go on.

Hope this can finally help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... So Atmel Studio is the responsible of the trouble ... 

Microsoft too often updates the patches, and worse, some of them disappear and go included in another container.

But Atmel Studio cannot included a rigid check to a KBxxx Windows Update patch knowing it can "disappear".

My suggestion: if your Windows 7 SP1 is stable and you don't have to go to Mars, turn off the automatic Windows Update and enjoy your stable system.

oiram revenac

The new Atmel Studio installs but I can't load an existing project, which did compile with as-installer-7.0.594.exe, but it said ATmega128 not supported, and choosing another device gives the same error. (found a command line utility that lists installed devices and the devices I tried were on the list).  

When I do a new project, the only choices I get are C/C++ Create project from Arduino Sketch and Atmel Studio Solution, Blank Solution.    I am not using an Arduino and don't know what an Arduino Sketch is.  In any case any device I specify gives an error message that it is not supported.

Looks like I have an incomplete installation or there is some path that is wrong.  Not sure what to do.

Thanks,

None of that works.

The devices are listed in  C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\ATmega_DFP\1.0.106\gcc\dev and C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\ATmega_DFP\1.1.130

I reset the cashe in the Device Pack Manager.

Hmmm not able to create a Qtouch PTC project anymore. Only able to create Non-PTC qtouch projects. 

Downgrading to 7.0.1006 as I type. 

EDIT:

Downgrade did not help, neither did just reinstalling 7.0.1188.

What did work was wiping my system of everything atmel, .NET and Visual Studio and then reinstalling 7.0.1188. Odd issue as it was working fine last night..

Last Edited: Sat. Oct 15, 2016 - 12:56 AM

Got a fix/workaround--I have to run Studio 7 as Administrator to get all the tools and to find the devices.  Not sure why. I did not install it as Administrator.

I think its time we all had the same IDE under the same O/S for building Atmel demo programs.

Please give us developers a VM image of a correct installed O/S with Studio 7 up to date.

This is mad that no one can replicate the dev environment in Windows!

Please wake up DEV team, you know the words configuration management at all?

Your company is wasting millions of hours around the planet being STUPID using Windows bloatware/changeeveryweekware .NET crap!

USB model does not work under Win 10 x64 with Atmel kit TARGET USB on D21.

Please think of the developers out here in the real world FIGHTING with Micro$oft to get your application based on Micro$oft crap to work.

Think about it ATMEL, SORRY MICROCHIP.

SOS wrote:
Please give us developers a VM image of a correct installed O/S
How could Windows licensing allow that ? If the OS were open like Linux then, yes, a VM could be distributed but no one can distribute runnable copies of Windows without a pound of flesh to Seattle.

So no one runs a VM with Windows in it! REALLY

Best tell the world, everyone is doing it. LOL.

What we all need is better support from Atmel DEV team!

Moderator, try and answer the real questions asked please!

This is one of my points, no real support with questions related to Atmel hardware, specific D21.

Thanks anyone, that does help with the question in advance.

What is the prefered tool chain for Atmel D21 with CryptoAuth example project then?

Atmel seem to say use Studio 7 with Windows ?, what version what configuration?

SOS wrote:
So no one runs a VM with Windows in it! REALLY
What are you talking about? I was responding to your comment:

Please give us developers a VM image of a correct installed O/S

The O/S for AS7 is Windows. There's no choice about that. You seemed to be suggesting that Atmel should give a .VDK/.VDI or something to all comers that included a copy of AS7 successfully installed on top of a copy of some version of Windows. I was pointing out that neither Atmel nor Microchip nor anyone else on planet earth (save for the possible exception of Microsoft) has a legal right to give ANYONE a VM that contains a runnable image of any variant of Windows. Copies of Windows go for about £100 a pop. If you want a runnable copy of Windows I don't know anyway to get it without sending your £100-odd to Microsoft. If Atmel started giving out VMs with a copy of Windows in them then Microsoft would have their proverbial guts for garters!

SOS wrote:
Moderator, try and answer the real questions asked please!
Don't demand anything from the unpaid volunteers who keep this place free of spam! You don't have any such right to demand anything of me. However I will say that one of our functions here is to quell software piracy. If you truly are promoting the theft of Microsoft's intellectual property I'd have no problem with terminating your account if you like?

BTW if you think you are going to "talk to Atmel" (or now Microchip) by posting on this site you have a lot to learn. The last employee at Atmel that had any connection to the running of this site parted company from Microchip 5 months after their take over, when he left in August. So I am not aware of anyone from Atmel now having any kind of active role in the operation of this site. As I say there's a band of about 6 of us who are just AVR fans/users who have volunteered in the last 10 or so years to aid in site maintenance - the moving/splitting of threads, removal of spam posts and their posters and so on. We are all unpaid volunteers and have no commercial connection to Atmel/(Microchip).

Anyone remember the good old days when installing software just involved copying half-a-dozen files into a directory?

#1 This forum helps those that help themselves

#2 All grounds are not created equal

#3 How have you proved that your chip is running at xxMHz?

#4 "If you think you need floating point to solve the problem then you don't understand the problem. If you really do need floating point then you have a problem you do not understand." - Heater's ex-boss

I am 52 i think people don't understand issues we all have with poor IDE like Studio 7 under Windows.
The moderator just wants to ban me. I have been coding since 1981. I actually know what i am doing.

All i am after is the correct tool chain to build the Atmel Studio 7 examples under.
Pity the mod does not know! Or he would stop flying of in a tangent.

Mirco$oft is a highly coupled pile of S***, we all know this.
Stop defending rubbish and help folk out.

I never said PIRATE anything. LOL putting words in my mouth! So funny for a MOD.

In fact i want me money back from Micro$oft for the S*** deal i have with Win x64 10 not working with Studio 7

After all they built both crap parts.

Poor show ClawSon put it away you pussy cat.

Goodbye sweat AVR FREAKS you are just that.

It's MINE, It's MINE keep it.............

Last Edited: Tue. Oct 18, 2016 - 05:47 PM

SOS wrote:
The moderator just wants to ban me.
Ah so we're playing the putting words into someone else's mouth game are we? (I'm 53 by the way). I don't want to ban anyone. But I will ban someone who advocates software piracy. I am a professional software engineer by trade and I respect the value of intellectual property - even Microsoft's.

You know it's a funny world. In the moderation forum my fellow mods said "watch out for that SOS who has an unusually high initial posting rate. I actually defended you sand said that so far you had made intelligent and well targeted posts. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Oh and while you seem to hold moderators in some kind of undeserved awe I'm afraid I have put my moderation hat on and made some small edits to your previous post. Try to remember that there could be kids reading this. No need for profanity.

Last Edited: Tue. Oct 18, 2016 - 05:47 PM

I am 52 i think people don't understand issues we all have with poor IDE like Studio 7 under Windows.

I'm 65 and I perfectly understand, I'm still using AS4.18 because it WORKS. I'm "fortunate" that I don't need AS7 except for one product which is now in production and will not need any firmware updates.

I feel like crying every time someone posts the problems they are having with Studio, but I can't do anything about it and I can't keep on complaining, I simply gave up!

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

SOS wrote:

I'm 47 and I can certainly feel your pain regarding Studio7, Visual Studio and Microsoft as a whole, but I am not going to whine about it, stomping my feet demanding that a multi-billion dollar company drop everything they are doing and redesign their IDE because I am having a tantrum.

I do agree Studio7 sucks, I use 6_2 mostly and I deal with AS7.  I even have it working on Win10pro/64 too.  But because of Win10 I have elected to remove Windows from my life and I am looking at the Microchip parts because their IDE is cross platform.  No screaming and yelling..I am looking at my options.

and who says you MUST use Studio for AVR's anyway?  THere is Codevision, and IAR, and Imagecraft.

JIm

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user

Hi,

I have the same problem. I can't install KB3033929, as it says it's already installed. You said "I called CMD as an administrator" Can you explain? Can you tell me what was the procedure, what commands you used to overcome the errors?

Thanks

Js

jsurier@arrow.com wrote:
I can't install KB3033929, as it says it's already installed.
An assumption is KB3033929 was obsoleted by KB3172605 per https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/atmel-studio-701188-release#comment-2002911

Microsoft

Microsoft

Windows Help

Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22801/windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2-update-history

(expand July 21, 2016 - KB3172605)

Improved support in Microsoft Cryptographic Application Programming Interface (CryptoAPI) to help identify websites that use Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA-1).

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 updates are currently cumulative as of 2016-Oct; updates are applied unless one selects which updates to apply.

Cumulative updates are mentioned in this thread.

Might try backing out Windows updates, in reverse order (most recent to least recent), until Atmel Studio installs.

Microsoft

Microsoft security advisory: Availability of SHA-2 code signing support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: March 10, 2015

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929

Last Edited: Fri. Nov 18, 2016 - 11:19 PM

canever wrote:
My suggestion: if your Windows 7 SP1 is stable and you don't have to go to Mars, turn off the automatic Windows Update and enjoy your stable system.
Doing so will make a Windows 7 PC more vulnerable especially if that PC has Internet service.

An example is the Elevation of Privilege (EoP) defect in all Windows kernels that two at Google found.

InfoWorld

How to cautiously update Windows 7 and 8.1 machines

by

Oct 27, 2016

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3136173/microsoft-windows/how-to-cautiously-update-windows-7-and-81-machines.html

Microsoft

TechNet

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-139 - Important

Security Update for Windows Kernel (3199720)

Published: November 8, 2016

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-139

via

Microsoft

Microsoft

November 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197867

via

Microsoft

Microsoft

Windows Help

Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22801/windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2-update-history

jsurier@arrow.com wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem. I can't install KB3033929, as it says it's already installed. You said "I called CMD as an administrator" Can you explain? Can you tell me what was the procedure, what commands you used to overcome the errors?

Thanks

Js

http://atmel.force.com/support/a...

So 'fun' as it was here's about everyones' ages.... Did anyone actually come up with a solution to this problem?

I have Win10 (hail Mary mother of God) and an extremely (nay RIDICULOUSLY) secure network. I am trying to install the latest AVR studio and, it can't find KB3033929 so bombs out. The upgrade is there, quite happily installed and I presume doing something. What do I do to fix this... Probl... Opportunity?

All the best

Dren age 21 (ish)

<º))))><

I am only one lab accident away from becoming a super villain.

Pages