Atmel Studio 6 November 2012 SP2 version download issue

Go To Last Post
13 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I have been trying to download the following release for the last 2 days.

"Atmel Studio 6.0 with Service Pack 2 (build 1996) Installer"

The link to the page I have been using is as follows:
http://www.atmel.com/tools/atmel...

The download commences fine and it progresses normally until about 300 MB of the 584 MB file is received. Then I get an error saying that the data cannot be read from the source. It appears as if the server times out in the middle of the download.

I have tried this download from 2 different PC and various IP addresses but the result has not changed.

Has anyone else got this error? Is there any suggestions on this?

Regards...

I'm also getting this error (in addition to appalling speeds).

I'm going to bump the webteam

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

Consider yourself lucky getting 300 MB. I never get past 6 MB before the connection grinds to a halt, and eventually breaks. And resuming a download doesn't appear to work, so it is back to square one every time.

Somewhat related -

I have to wonder how many, if any, successful downloads of the 6.7 GB AVR Technical Library (DVD) have occurred.

I was rebuffed when requesting the Atmel store to make it available on disk.

Stan

I didn't try the AVR Technical Library DVD download at all. 6.7 GB sounds a bit too far fetched given my current download issue. I am still taking baby steps to get this sorted. :)

Regards...

the download server that malfunctioned has been fixed, and the downloads should be working again

Quote:

the download server that malfunctioned has been fixed

There was a fatal crack in the "Yakety Sax" record and there was some spare time to fix the server before the replacement record arrived? :wink:

The double-irony of-course is that I get CAPTCHA'd for posting this..

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

I just tried to download the installer. The problem has been resolved. I will now install AS6.

Thanks.

Thank you very much.
The speed isn't something to write home about, but it is coming along steadily now. We'll see if I get the entire file in a couple of hours.

JohanEkdahl wrote:
Quote:

the download server that malfunctioned has been fixed

There was a fatal crack in the "Yakety Sax" record and there was some spare time to fix the server before the replacement record arrived? :wink:

The double-ony of-course is that I get CAPTCHA'd for posting this..

I would say most of the surprise was that I got a response in days... It looks to me like they are working on single sign on, as last time I tried to download studio from the Web I used my Atmel Gallery login...

Quote:

I would say most of the surprise was that I got a response in days...

You still get responses? Can you ask them about the CAPTCHA then, since they seem to auto-delete my messages?

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

abcminiuser wrote:
Quote:

You still get responses? Can you ask them about the CAPTCHA then, since they seem to auto-delete my messages?

Mwahaha :P

abcminiuser wrote:
Quote:

That bad, huh?

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]