Atmel Start: LwIP 2.0.3 support removed for SAME54

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I wanted to add a new component to my SAME54 based project however suddenly Atmel Start could not find all the components anymore. It turned out that for some reason LwIP 2.0.3 IP stack is removed from Middleware. Now it is only possible to use old 1.4 version.

I cannot put it into words how frustrated I am when I have to use Atmel Start. It is the worst thing ever.

We have the same problem with the SAMV71

I have raised a ticket with Microchip regarding the problem and cross referenced this thread

Hopefully it will be resolved soon

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

The problem is that, previously, one could select either version 1.4.0 or 2.0.3 but after some update ATMEL made (on their server) to START, projects using LWIP 2.0.3 can no longer load the START tool

One of the consequences of this is the inability to load ATMEL START to change versions. While it should be possible to go though the ATMEL start configuration files and manually make changes to the autogenerated code, it should not be necessary to do so

The larger issue is that support for a (newer) version was suddenly removed, and seemingly without warning.

Now, if that was an accident, which I'm guessing it was, then that is somewhat understandable. However if it was done on purpose, without proper warning and notification, then that is far more concerning

Also I just check, and on a new project I am unable to select 2.0.1 for this chip, 1.4.0  is the only option

Last Edited: Wed. Apr 17, 2019 - 03:31 PM

Additionally, the link you posted appears to be for ASF3, Atmel START uses ASF4

ThunderedFire wrote:

The larger issue is that support for a (newer) version was suddenly removed, and seemingly without warning.

Now, if that was an accident, which I'm guessing it was, then that is somewhat understandable. However if it was done on purpose, without proper warning and notification, then that is far more concerning

You need to take this to Microchip support!

Jim

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274
get $5 free gold/silver https://www.onegold.com/join/713...

I have done so, they are usually pretty good at responding so we shall see what they say

Microchip has stated (this morning) that the START team is working on the problem. So while it is not fixed quite yet (I checked), it should be soon