Atmel-ICE stopped working with ATMega328P Arduino Nano boards

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

We have two Atmel-ICE, two different computers one Win10 the other Win7. Both have stopped working, no reason for both to have suffered damage during the last month.

Programming ATMega328P/PB devices on Arduino Nano modules for the last two years.

Have stopped working some time during the last month?

Just seen there is a new ATmel Studio release, so installing now.

Assuming there has perhaps been a diver update silently pushed out via Windows updates around the same time as they released new Atmel Studio?

Hopefully the new AS version has new firmware or software to work with the driver change?

Dont know at this stage, mostly commenting to see if others have the same, AS update might resolve it, hopefully.

Wont have a chance to test for a few days now, but if anyone has similar or advice then post it up.

Trying to read device ID in Device Programming screen:

-------------

Failed to enter programming mode. ispEnterProgMode: Error status received: Got 0xc0, expected 0x00 (Command has failed to execute on the tool)

Unable to enter programming mode. Verify device selection, interface settings, target power, security bit, and connections to the target device.

Timestamp:    2019-10-04 13:19:46.305
Severity:        ERROR
ComponentId:    20100
StatusCode:    1
ModuleName:    TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)

Failed to enter programming mode. ispEnterProgMode: Error status received: Got 0xc0, expected 0x00 (Command has failed to execute on the tool)

-------------

Have you messed with the fuses lately?   Changing RSTDISBL, DWEN or any of the CKSEL bits could brick your chip!

Or perhaps entered debug D-wire mode and did not exit properly?  Debug mode disables ISP programming, if this was done, just start your debug session again and exit properly to restore ISP again!

Jim

(Possum Lodge oath) Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

"I thought growing old would take longer"

Nah we have piles of modules here and both authentic and China CH340 USB versions which were fine.
The ICE's and their cables are also working fine with 128A chips in JTAG debuger mode.
I've changed the bootloader in hundreds this year.

For both rigs to stop working with multiple modules I can only assume the ICE USB driver got changed by Windows. Unless I have a huge brain fart and can't remember how to plug in the 6 pin plug the right way and USB for power.

I won't know if the new AS resolves it until Tuesday.