Atmel-ICE J41800094948, how to program MCUs?

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

I bought the Atmel-ICE to program the ATMEGA32M1, I did not find a cheap programmer to program it so I decided to buy the expensive original one.

I am doing first tries with the ATMEGA8535 because it is a MCU that I used in my engineering education.

I have not been able to download .hex file to ATMEGA8535 Flash memory with ATMEL STUDIO 7, I am using the 6-pin 100-mil AVR ISP connector, this is the way that I am connecting:

- PDO/MISO with MISO (PB6)

- VCC with VCC

- SCK with SCK (PB7)

- PDI/MOSI with MOSI (PB5)

- /RESET with RESET

- GND with GND

1 PDO/MISO 2 VCC 3 SCK 4 PDI/MOSI 5 /RESET 6 GND     

Here there is a message that appears when I try to write in the Flash memory:

Timestamp:	2018-08-10 11:34:07.398 Severity:		ERROR ComponentId:	20100 StatusCode:	131103 ModuleName:	TCF (TCF command: Device:erase failed.)  Failed to start programming session before chip erase:Failed to enter programming mode. ispEnterProgMode: Error

I don't understand why it doesn't work, I would consider that due to high price it should be easy to use.

I hope you can help  me.

Thanks a lot.

abr

Can you read a valid supply voltage? Can you read the device signature? Make sure you can do the basic stuff before trying to program!

Jim

Jim Wagner Oregon Research Electronics, Consulting Div. Tangent, OR, USA http://www.orelectronics.net

Hello,

No, I can not. 

What is the procedure to do that?
Thanks a lot for your reponse.

abr