atmega32u2

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Does anyone know where I can find a patch to add support for the atmegaXXu2 chips to avr-gcc? The gcc that comes with WinAVR has it, but the avr-gcc I built on Linux following the sticky does not.

I have tried looking in the WinAVR CVS repository on sourceforge, but it seems to be out of date and doesn't have the patch.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Brandon

You might be right here , usually WinAVR is ahead with patches , compared to FreeBSD.
Witch is what i use for the Linux buildscript.

I'll see what i can do (talk to the FreeBSD maintainer) , but generally : If it's not in the FreeBSD repository. Then it's not in the Linux build either.

/Bingo

Apparently, according to A post from Feurig's XML feed the at90usb162 is binary-compatible. Im going to try this now with my mega32u2 and ill post back to say if it works or not.

James

UPDATE:

OMG this works perfectly! it actually works great with dfu-programmer (you'll have to compile it from source unfortunately for support for the mega32u2 - google the sourceforge page) there may be an issue with clockspeeds and fuses, but that's probably because I didn't set any XD

the dfu commands I used were:

# sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 erase
# sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 flash blink.hex
# sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 start

Hope this helps

James

Update #2:

dfu-programmer only works when you are root. Could someone tell me how to access libusb when NOT root?

Thanks again

Add an udev rule.

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

ArnoldB wrote:
Add an udev rule.
Could you offer any pointers or should I be Googling this stuff? :P

jamwaffles wrote:
ArnoldB wrote:
Add an udev rule.
Could you offer any pointers or should I be Googling this stuff? :P

Here's a post describing the udev rules required:

http://dorkbotpdx.org/blog/feuri...

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!