Atmega328p xplained mini package

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello all!

I want to replace the atmega328p on my xplained mini board, because it is bricked and I cannot debug or program it.

The question is: what is the name of the package, the atmega has, on this board? Apparently it's not TQFP32, 

The bottom one is the question, the upper one is what I bought.

Best regards:
István

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Sun. Jun 9, 2019 - 09:06 PM
This reply has been marked as the solution. 
Total votes: 1

You have bought a TQFP-32 package.

The XMINI uses MLF package.

All my XMINI boards have Arduino headers.   i.e. I have used them with real external hardware.

Your photo looks extremely virginal.   If you have never connected any external hardware how on Earth could you ever damage the chip?

Yes,  you can attempt to replace the chip with the correct package.    XMINIs are cheap.   Why not buy just another XMINI?

By the time you have bought the tools to remove the SMD chip,   you have to successfully buy and solder the new one.

David.

Last Edited: Sun. Jun 9, 2019 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for your reply.
I think I changed the fuse bits accidentally a year ago,and left it where it was. I already ordered another XMINI, but I don't like to keep useless stuff, and I thought I could fix it.

István

I don't like to keep useless stuff, and I thought I could fix it.

Some things are better fixed using your boot. 

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!

huistbor wrote:
I think I changed the fuse bits accidentally a year ago
The only 328 fuse bit that would be close to fatal is the RSTDISBL one. Otherwise it may just be a "clock accident" and it's fairly easy to recover:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/...

No real need to change the chip.