ATmega325, ATtiny2313 et al. Could anyone of you ge one?

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all:

Could anyone in this forum get some of this new parts form atmel? I´m facing a new design and these parts are very suitable for it, but I could´nt find any distributor with stock on them, a slight panorama... (Searching for ATmega3****, the same for tiny)

Insight Electronics: ATmega323 only in all flavors (BTW a part entering in obsolescence)
ATtiny2313 ???

Arrow: ATmega323 and ATmega32 .. only
ATtiny2313 ???

Avnet: ATmega32 all variants mainly no stock, mega323 some
ATtiny2313 "call" and "product not orderable online"

Well, thanks in advance to all who can share his experience....
Nachus

Mega323 is dead-dead. Why bother, especially with a new design? Mega32s have been in full production for several years, and have had a recent price cut.

The Tiny2313 has been very slow to come to production status. AFAIK the few that are floating about are still E.S. -- Engineering Samples. Your supply chain Manufacturer's Representative is your best bet, or your distributor directly. [When you request samples through them, 90+% of the time they are going to go through their rep anyway.]

Or Atmel directly. Have you ordered samples through their Web site? Have you contacted them directly? Is your proposed volume high enough to get their notice? Standard questions.

Lee

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

Hi lee, Hi all:

I´m currently not designing with the mega323 but I´m looking for parts like mega325, mega3250 and tiny2313. I`m very surprised with atmel who simply releases datasheets
but no info on when the parts will enter the market. BTW the ATtiny2313 DS is in the atmel site from 1 year more or less, and today it´s still being offered as ES (I contacted Insight here in argentina). But well, I´ll have to wait more time for these parts to become into full production ... I´m not the kind of mass buyer atmel likes :) (yet)

Thank you

Nachus