ATmega1284PA

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,
Does Atmel release any device called ATmega1284PA ?

There is a 1284, & 1284P. Not sure of PA. The Atmel.com website is down at this moment.

Jim

Jim Wagner Oregon Research Electronics, Consulting Div. Tangent, OR, USA http://www.orelectronics.net

ka7ehk wrote:
... The Atmel.com website is down at this moment.

Jim

Always seems to happen when you need it most. Oh well, they say patience is a virtue. :)

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

The atmega1284pa doesn't show up at findchips, so I would guess that it's not released (at least not publicly).

- S

AFAIK, there is the same situation as with the Mega328:

-- In the past, there was e.g. a Mega88, then a Mega88P, then a Mega88A and Mega88PA with the "A" representing the die/fab change.
-- There never was a Mega328P until the die/fab change, so it just became a Mega328P instead of a Mega328PA.

Just my recollection/speculation. Yes, Atmel could have gone to e.g. Mega328PA and then the family naming would be consistent--except for the "missing" Mega328P. Damned if you do...

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.