Has anyone else had any issues programming ATmega 32U4 AVRs with an AVR Dragon and Atmel Studio 6 and 7?
I keep getting the following error:
"Failed to enter programming mode. ispEnterProgMode: Error status received: Got 0xc0, expected 0x00 (Command has failed to execute on the tool)"
- checked ISP clock is 125KHz (and tried lower)
- tried 2 AVR Dragons
- tried 3 different (brand new) AVRs in 3 different PCBs (2 adapter to DIP boards and a project PCB)
- ensured that debug mode is off (is actually greyed out),
- tried it with Studio 6
- upgraded to Studio 7
- Flashed the AVR Dragon firmware when offered on 1st time use of Studio 7
- Checked that RESET has a 4k7 pullup resistor to VCC on it (on all 3 PCBs)
- Checked that MISO goes to pin 11 (PB3) (on all 3 PCBs)
- Checked that MOSI goes to pin 10 (PB2) (on all 3 PCBs)
- Checked that SCK goes to pin 9 (PB1) (on all 3 PCBs)
- Checked VCC (4.9V) and GND connections (on all 3 PCBs)
- Checked for shorts to ground (on all 3 PCBs)
Am I missing something here?