ATMega 1280 Startup / Interface Problems...

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I recently purchased an ATMega1280 development board... Purchased a new Atmel JTAG MKII programmer after discovering that my ICE Cube was not compatible with the 1280. After receiving my new JTAG programmer, I'm still not able to program my sample code onto the chip. Are there any setup tricks anyone may know of necessary to program the thing for the first time that I may not be doing? i.e. Setting of fuses initially or anything? Is there any good material to read about this type of stuff (fuses, lockbits, first time setup issues, etc...), in general? When I attempt to change any settings, such as enabling the JTAG fuse, for instance, all I get are "target device not found" type error messages from AVRStudio. This is after moving my connector to the ISP header and attempting to change the JTAG enable fuse that way? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
James

Total votes: 0

Nevermind... I figured the problem out myself. I actually had a short in my interface board that was causing the problem. After that was fixed, the board allowed me to program & debug it with JTAG as usual. I would still be curious to know where to read more on things such as the fuses, lock bits, etc... if anyone knows where such info is explained.

Thanks,
James