AT90USB647 USB Host wake up from Power Down

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi there,

I have a low power consumption circuit using the AT90USB647 that acts as a Host controller and read/writes data with USB flash memory sticks.

Currently the whole circuit, without USB Host enabled, consumpts 75uA (average). The controller wakes up each 32ms from Power Down using the WDT interrupt, then do some works and finally get into sleep (Power Down) again.

The phillosophy of the USB Host subcircuit is taken from the AT90USB647 datasheet (revision K, 11/09), page 250, Figure 21-8. The UID pin is used as a general purpose I/O. The datasheet can be found here:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/product...

Everything about the Host controller, FAT32 and comunication with the USB flash memory stick is ready and functions just fine.

What I want to do is to use a method of waking up the controller from power down mode, whenever a USB flash memory stick is connected, keeping this way the current consumption as low as possible (near 75uA).

At the same datasheet page 53, Table 7-2, it says that the controller wakes up from sleep from one of these reasons: VBUSTI, WAKEUPI, IDTI, HWUPI.

If you have the experiense on this, could you please suggest me the right method or even an example of setting it?

Thank you.

Michael.

User of:
IAR Embedded Workbench C/C++ Compiler
Altium Designer

Hallo there.

Is there any suggestion or opinion about my problem?

Is there any way to detect a USB flash memory stick insertion without enable the VBUS and the USB host controller?

Michael.

User of:
Altium Designer

Lateral solution: A microswitch at the insertion point that's physically closed by the mechanical action of insertion?

This is madness. Ha ha ha. Realy if you think that this is possible to be done, then this is a fantastic idea.

By the way are you kiding or not?

Michael.

User of:
Altium Designer