AT32AP7000

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi Oh wise ones!
Has anyone any experience with the new 32 bit AT32AP7000.
I’m a newbie to MCUs and I have very little experience. 1 stamp project. :oops:
So please be kind to dump animals.
I’m starting a project with the ‘avrCam’era and was researching the Atmel product line for a master MCU.
Questions:

1)Is the AT32AP actually being used? Is it running or full of bugs?

2)Can I use the same AVR library and FREE IEEs and compilers?

3)Basically should I even consider using the AT32AP7000 I know I could use the power?

Any insight from the Masters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JR

Resistance is futile…… You will be compiled!

There is a forum dedicated to the AVR32 architecture on this site; your question is probably more suitable there.

That being said, it sounds like the AT32AP7000 is probably too complex for your experience level.

Thanks for the redirection. :D
I'll try there.
JR

As to your concern re: That being said, it sounds like the AT32AP7000 is probably too complex for your experience level.

In life I’m All IN ‘AllN’. Learned long ago I win more than I lose.
Besides I fear I left the wrong impression. I can read a schematic barely and I’m out of touch with this industry. But I am a programmer in ASM, C, C++, C#, Java, 8 versions of basic, FORTRAN, Pascal, html, ASP and have learned many new languages in 30 days.
My experience in programming started in High school in 1968 with an IBM360 mainframe, no monitor, you set 16 toggle switches and press the 'Next instruction' button to get it to boot a Card Reader or tape drive. It had a 40 character per ‘NINUTE’ printer. IT MUCH EASIER NOW!
Thanks for the concern. :D
JR