I am trying to debug an object file from a bootloader (ELF file flashed at 0x1E000) on an ATmega128 using Atmel Studio 7.0.1645 and and AVR Dragon probe (JTAG).
I am using the function "Opening Object File for Debugging" documented here.
- Select an Object File to Debug (an ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Atmel AVR 8-bit, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped)
- Specify a Project Name and Location that do not already exist
- Check "Maintain Folder heirarchy"
- Tried with checked and unchecked "Add File As Link"
- Select an ATmega128 device
I expect a dialog "object project files re-mapper" to appear (according to documentation: "this dialog enables you to remap the location of the project files)".
Instead, I get an error in the Output pane of Atmel Studio main window:
10:09:19: [ERROR] Failed to initialize ASF distribution 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
And the object file does not appear in the solution explorer like what is shown in the documentation (and I was not able to find a way to add it manually).
A google search for this particular error message does not yield any result. Is this function supposed to work this way ?