AS7 7.0.790 win7 works for someone?

Go To Last Post
18 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have 3 mega1280 bds previously programmed. Want to shoot new pgm in. Can't enter programming mode, so I can't read devce ID. Two jtagmkiis, one jtagice3, one dragon, one atmelice. I hope my 5 different programmers aren't all bad. I tried AS7 repair. Takes forever, and you have to keep pecking the install driver about 3 dozen times. Any other tips and tricks to try?

Imagecraft compiler user

I have the latest version running on two machines just fine no matter what programmer/debugger I use.  Of course I cannot get AS7 lo install on my other two machines so it has to be something with what else is installed on the machines.

One tip I can give is to plug each debugger/programmer in and remove them from the device tree, then unplug them and do not re install.  Do this for ALL of them.  THen start AS7 and plug one in and let it install while Studio is active.

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user

You running win7?

Imagecraft compiler user

Yes Win7/pro/64  On Pentium CORE and COREi5 machines

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Same problem here:

on my 32bit win7 all the programmers won't work.

During install a screen to accept driver install, comes back, again and again forever.

Just closing that screen, continues the install process (I did not want to spend all night clicking OK).

after the install process none of the program /debug tools work.

Repair does not help either.

What does help is that you install the Atmel USB installer from the Atmel Gallery:

https://gallery.atmel.com/Produc...

Install after the Atmel studio 7.0.790 installation process.

Note: On my win 10 64bit machine the normal installation process did work fine.

I think the included USB drivers in the 7.0.790 package work only for 64 Bit machines, not for 32 bit machines.

success solving the problem

Lieuwe

Lieuwe

Last Edited: Fri. Feb 26, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Lieuwe de Vries wrote:
During install a screen to accept driver install, comes back, again and again forever. Just closing that screen, continues the install process (I did not want to spend all night clicking OK). after the install process none of the program /debug tools work.
That's your problem.

Unfortunately you MUST click EVERY time(the little check box does not work)  It's a pain in the butt, but it has to be done.

Keep in mind you would have to click the 'X' everytime anyway and the actual install takes no time at all, so why bother ignoring it?

JIm

Well I have done it before, click the boxes.
I know you must do it several times, but after clicking box number 50 it was enough for me...
Remember on my 64 bit machine it works fine, yes I have to click the boxes there too, but not 50 times

On my 32 bit win7 machine AS 7 0 634 does install normal, including clicking the boxes several times.
also the programmers do work with that installation.
On that same 32 bit win 7 machine AS 7 0 790 seems to hang in a sort of clicking boxes loop during install.
the same AS 7 0 790 full install file did work, without problems on my 64 bit win 10 machine.

Lieuwe

Last Edited: Fri. Feb 26, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Stop exaggerating It does not take 50 times.  I did a brand new install two nights ago and I think I clicked ten at the most.

So Bob, if you did not click the right boxes, then try loading the usb driver packager from the gallery as has been suggested.  It's a good idea.

On another note though, I do agree that the need to click and accept, or deny EVERY driver is ridiculous.

JIm

You mean I have to decide which driver to install and which to skip?!?

Right now I have 5 programmers and none of them are seen in AS7. Any way to raise cain with the Norwegians about this?

Imagecraft compiler user

Bob,

First, did you click accept when the drivers wanted to install - 10 times(I know a pain in the butt)?

If yes, did you try my suggestion above?

Did you try downloading the usb executable from the gallery as suggested, or right from the Atmel site?

Jim

Well I took some rest, un installed all atmel software.
re installed 7.0.790 on the 32 bit machine.
did click several times, and you're right it does work, and yes it wasn't 50 times now.

for me I think the problem was indeed, that i was impatient

thank you for pointing me to that

all works fine here now.

Lieuwe

Great to hear!!

Jim

During install a screen to accept driver install, comes back, again and again forever.

I had the same problem on my Win7 64 bit machine. https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/f...

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

js wrote:

I had the same problem on my Win7 64 bit machine. https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/f...

This is NORMAL, and if you actually look carefully it is showing a different tool driver each time.  It is dumb I admit, but if you want the software to work, just click YES

JIm

OK, Tues Mar 1, my acer lt with win7 and as7 v634 programs my mega1280s just fine using the atmelice. No work on my win7 desktop running as7 v790.

Must be drivers or something.

Imagecraft compiler user

bobgardner wrote:

OK, Tues Mar 1, my acer lt with win7 and as7 v634 programs my mega1280s just fine using the atmelice. No work on my win7 desktop running as7 v790.

Must be drivers or something.

THere are at least two other threads related to this going, and what you are seeing I too now see that it works on one system not on another,  I have also lost the ability to use tools on 6_2 that reside on the same system as AS&.  THey worked before.

Jim

I don't know if Morten has mentioned it previously, but the issue with all the security dialog boxes is because of a bug in Windows 7 and how it handles SHA2 certificates. It is described in KB2921916 (https://support.microsoft.com/en...which also contains a hotfix.

A bug in Windows!! Who would have thunked about that.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly