Arduino announced the release of the alpha version of a completely new development environment for Arduino — the Arduino Pro IDE. The new architecture opens the door to new features like:
- Sketch synchronisation with Arduino Create Editor
- Fully open to third party plug-ins
- Support for additional languages other than C++
- The new Arduino Pro IDE is based on the latest technologies:
- The Arduino CLI running in daemon mode provides all the main Arduino features.
- The application frontend is based on the Eclipse Theia Open Source IDE.
- Electron, the framework behind Eclipse Theia, allows the use of web technologies on desktop environments.