Anyone using BLE-112 modules from Bluegiga ?

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I would like to be in contact with other people using the Bluegiga BLE-112 modules to share experiences. At the moment I'm having trouble with serial communicating with them. I am also using the Bluegiga support line but it would be nice to have someone to chat with about this

I attached the module to AVR-ATMEGA2560 thats why I post it on AVRFreaks

Thanks

Patrick

Hi, I may be looking at these modules soon. Are you using the Bluegiga development kit?

John

Four legs good, two legs bad, three legs stable.

Hi John,

I have the DKBLE112 development kit and also from Texas Instruments the starterkit. This last one is conventient for using it as Packet Sniffer.
But I did most with an own board I designed because I needed 12 channels 24-bits ADC

Hi Paddy,
I have a similar problem with my BLE112 module.
I not have the dev kit, and I assemble the module in a demo board with some micro wires.
I tried to connect the module via USB to the PC, but the PC never ask for driver installation.

Have anybody some suggestions for my case ?

Gabriele

Hi megabri,

AFAIK the BLE modules are delivered without firmware.
To program the firmware you need the CCDebugger programmer from Texas Instruments. Costs about 50 euro

The BLED modules (mounted in USB connector) do have firmware when delivered.

We just managed to get the BLE112 module working with a Mega324 on a breadboard using the ESDN USB adaptor

There is a video of it here . After using the USB adaptor, it can be plugged into a breadboard and talked to directly (the FTDI chip is held in reset).

Yes, we had to purchase a CC debugger to program one as a slave and the other as a master. The Bluegiga script is very hard but updates are coming out all the time.

Electronic System Design
http://www.esdn.com.au

Meanwhile I succesfully ended the development of a system consisting of 2 parts :
* BLE112 module connected to 12 temperature channels via 2 10-channel SPI adcs
* BLE112 module connected to ATMEGA2560 which runs the application software

Works great. The Bluegiga script is pretty basic in functionality and totally not suitable for running bigger applications but I managed to init & readout the 12 channels of my 2 SPI adcs and send the results every 500ms to the second module which sends it out on the RS232 port.

Did you guys managed to get the find me demo working?

I don't know how to test it out.